Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Senior Relationship Manager - Mid Corporates
- Primary Location: United States,Pennsylvania,Philadelphia
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Commercial and Business Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19014420
We’re looking for a Senior Relationship Manager to join our world-class team
The Middle Market Relationship Manager role requires experience in areas that are not easily duplicated in the market. Proactively executes integrated sales, service and relationship strategies to support growth and retention of business customers. Develops new-to-bank business relationships, as well as cross-marketing /needs fulfillment for exiting clients, through segment-based sales plans to achieve revenue growth targets and maximize operating capabilities and profitability. Current business segment includes those clients with revenues from $50 Million - $750 Million annually. Clients in this segment typically require more complex product offerings and customized credit decisions made in the field.
Be a part of the work we do to enable progress around the globe For the past 200 years at Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today’s modern financial infrastructure—this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world’s most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients. We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to regional needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Our culture is fueled by men and women with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, and the wisdom and courage to do what’s right. Citi’s Commercial Bank embodies our unique purpose as the global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long-term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision.
Did you know… That Citi helped devise a plan and funded The Public Lighting Authority of Detroit to re-illuminate the city? See what else we’ve achieved to enable progress for our clients: citi.com/history. Successful Relationship Managers should demonstrate the following behaviors Develops our People: Builds talent and teams for Citi by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage Drives Value for Clients: Enables economic value and positive social impact for clients, companies, governments, and communities Works as a Partner: Works collaboratively across the firm and encourages others to achieve the best results for Citi and our clients Champions Progress: Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo in support of Citi’s vision and global strategy Lives our Values: Ensures systematically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short and long term risks Delivers Results: Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives by creating a clear path toward ethical and sustainable results
On a daily basis, Relationship Managers will be responsible for the following
· Lead the formulation and implementation of long and short-term strategic plans and objectives to increase market share/penetration and maximize opportunities for growth throughout the marketplace.
· Provide strong, compassionate and visible leadership, which fosters positive attitudes and trust among employees, clients and prospects.
· Provide product specialists with qualified referrals for cross-sell. Assist in closing deals across all products.
· Excellent judge of potential qualified clients/deals. Expert at structuring deals to balance risk and reward. Expert at recognizing early warning signs and closely monitors clients to anticipate changes in risk rating. Proactively identifies issues and restructures relationship to mitigate potential future risk.
· Partner with other Citi businesses (i.e. Retail Banking, Treasury, etc.) to ensure ongoing and appropriate communication to support overall client and franchise objectives.
· Maintain frequent interaction with centers of influence, diverse industry segments, community leaders, regulators, and senior business contacts.
· Through extensive involvement, lead local community awareness that the bank is critically focused on partnering in the community and on providing broad, multi-product banking solutions to the middle market companies housed in the marketplace.
· Oversee and ensure safe and sound underwriting/credit practices and overall leadership of a sound lending activity.
· Strictly adhere to internal control policies such as the account opening protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
·Ensure that the organization’s activities are carried out in accordance with all regulatory, legal, and governmental regulations.
A successful Relationship Manager has these skills
· Must bring an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of commercial banking and an ability to quickly learn new products and services availability
· Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Must have a sharp business development focus and demonstrative innovative approaches
· Must be a self-starter, someone who demonstrates by getting out in the marketplace
· Must have superior organizational skills
· Must have excellent written and presentation skills
· Must be able to express a sound opinion, able to agreeably present another viewpoint
· Should be able to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituencies
· Must possess sound judgment and be creative in providing credit/deposit solutions to bank clients
· Must be results oriented and move fast to meet customer needs
· Formal commercial credit training or experience is also anticipated
· Bachelors degree required· Series 63 and 79 licenses required. If not held yet, candidates are required to gain them within 150 days of start date.