Markets Intern Fixed Income & Fixed Investor Sales – Internship - Paris July – December 2022 SessionReq ID 80013151 Location Paris, France Job Category Markets, Securities Services, Intern
You're the brains behind our work.
Citi is looking for 3 interns (6-month off-cycle) to join the following desks in Paris:
- Fixed Income team
- Rates Structuring / MTN team
- Paris Corporate Solutions Group
The intern will be fully integrated in the daily activities of the team.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi is looking for an intern analysts to join the Markets team in Paris. In Markets, we advise our clients on the best investment opportunities in the markets, including equities, commodities, credit, futures, and FX and we buy, sell and structure their investments for them.
Your time here will look something like this...
Fixed Income team
• Market commentary regarding economic figures, market flow, Citigroup research trade idea
• Work closely with FI Sales & Trading to enhance information flow between all stakeholders
• Using Citigroup Pricing & Booking Software
• Development & coding of innovative tools in VBA, Python or other
• Quantitative analysis, competition monitoring
Rates Structuring / MTN team
• Providing general support to the global MTN team
• Building various pricing and market monitoring tools
• Term sheet drafting. Maintaining and improving various data bases. Troubleshooting.
• Helping with presentations
• Working on trade ideas. Reaching out to internal partners: DCM, sales, trading…
• Monitoring market evolutions
• Liaising with sales, legal, Middle Office…
• Strong knowledge in Microsoft office, and especially Excel. VBA is a plus. Bloomberg would be good as well
Paris Corporate Solutions Group
• Providing general support to experienced salespersons covering corporate clients in their rates hedging activities, structured funding and cash investments, and adapting to regulatory changes
• Preparing regular market updates based on Citi’s research and traders’ commentary
• Operating and improving upon derivatives pricing models in excel
• Helping with powerpoint presentations and sales pitch material including trade ideas
• Assisting with trades booking and coordinating with middle and back office to ensure processes run smoothly
• Liaising with other teams in markets and banking (BCMA)
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The Markets intern analyst program runs for six months starting in July 2022. Working alongside our experienced professionals, incoming analysts will have the opportunity to actively participate and develop their skills in the fixed income world. At the end of your internship, successful analysts may be considered for a place on a full-time program.
We want to hear from you if...
• You have a good understanding of finance and have an interest in Markets. Previous experience in Financial Markets would be advantageous
• Ideally graduating from a market finance Master degree, Business school, Engineer school
• You are currently enrolled in a University that can provide an internship agreement
• You have strong knowledge of Microsoft office, especially Excel
• Knowledge of programming languages (VBA, …) is desirable
• You have excellent interpersonal skills with strong attention to detail, a self-starter, who enjoys working as part of a team
• You must be fluent in written and spoken English
Who we think will be a great fit...
You are interested in Markets and you’re determined to succeed in the field. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
• Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
• Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
• Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
• Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
• Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
• Interest in business
All applications will be reviewed immediately on reception and we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Please confirm the desk for which you apply.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“Don’t overthink and keep an open-mind. You will learn on the job, whilst there is some technical knowledge that can be learnt prior to joining the large majority comes with time and experience.” Reesha Analyst, Platform Sales
“During analyst rotations, it is important to be a sponge and absorb as much as possible. Actively listen during conversations and take notes so that you can ask follow-up questions.” Haley Assistant Vice President,
Equities and Securities Services
“The caliber of people at Citi is really high. They’re technically competent, fundamentally driven, and hungry to succeed. And I’m proud to work alongside them.” Fa'eez Investment Banking Analyst
“Citi wants to hear junior staff’s ideas. Because the company might know how finance is done historically, but we can provide new insight on what innovations we should be implementing to make it better.” David Corporate Banking Analyst
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. At Citi, learning and self-development is integral to our culture and you can expect to continue to be challenged every day – it’s how we make progress. We take a hands-on learning approach to support your growth and learning.
You’ll learn everyday by doing client work, analysis and other challenging assignments. Get on-the-job practice and feedback from Citi experts as you hone your skills alongside your peers.
You’ll have honest, open interactions with leaders of all levels and focus across our company. From networking events to work shadowing, you will have meaningful conversations and experiences at Citi.
You’ll also have access to our suite of functional courses and eLearning modules to ensure you have the knowledge you need for success. And when you’re ready, we have a whole host of leadership programs and coaching awaiting you.
You’ll also do more than just be a great partner to our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to give back and make a positive impact where we live and work through volunteerism.
Innovation Through Diversity
Join Our Talent Community
Opportunities for students and graduates change throughout the year. If you’d like to be notified about new opportunities, join our Talent Community by choosing your region and completing the form.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs