Investment Banking Internship, Paris France July – December 2022 SessionReq ID 80013332 Location Paris, France Job Category BCMA Investment Banking, Intern
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role in the team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Placement Intern Analysts to join the Investment Banking team in Paris in July 2022 for 6 months. The Investment Banking group advises corporate clients who want to raise funds in capital markets and who need strategic support in financial transactions. Initiatives you may be working on with clients include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financial restructurings, underwriting, and distributing equity, debt, and derivative securities. If none of these terms make sense right now, that’s ok, you will be an expert in 6 months!
Your time here will look something like this...
• Conduct research and analyze industry trends related to business development
• Build financial models, assess valuation, and explore corporate finance solutions for big-picture financial analyses
• Participate in client development, including coordinating data with clients and assisting in presentation of new ideas to clients
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. During your 6-month placement intern analyst program you will be assigned to the France Investment Banking team, where you’ll focus on financial analysis and business development.
Successful placement analysts may be considered for a full time position after graduation.
We want to hear from you if...
• You are available to start in July 2022
• You are currently enrolled in a University that can provide an internship agreement
• You have a strong academic background in Finance or Accounting
• You have very good knowledge of Corporate Finance and Financial Markets
• You are fluent in French and English, both written and oral (working language). Good level in additional languages beneficial but not essential
• You have advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• You have relevant experience from previous internship(s) (preferably abroad)
Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you.
We’ll also be looking for the following:
• Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
• Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
• Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
• Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
• Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
We will recruit on a rolling basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“Don’t overthink and keep an open-mind. You will learn on the job, whilst there is some technical knowledge that can be learnt prior to joining the large majority comes with time and experience.” Reesha Analyst, Platform Sales
“During analyst rotations, it is important to be a sponge and absorb as much as possible. Actively listen during conversations and take notes so that you can ask follow-up questions.” Haley Assistant Vice President,
Equities and Securities Services
“The caliber of people at Citi is really high. They’re technically competent, fundamentally driven, and hungry to succeed. And I’m proud to work alongside them.” Fa'eez Investment Banking Analyst
“Citi wants to hear junior staff’s ideas. Because the company might know how finance is done historically, but we can provide new insight on what innovations we should be implementing to make it better.” David Corporate Banking Analyst
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. At Citi, learning and self-development is integral to our culture and you can expect to continue to be challenged every day – it’s how we make progress. We take a hands-on learning approach to support your growth and learning.
You’ll learn everyday by doing client work, analysis and other challenging assignments. Get on-the-job practice and feedback from Citi experts as you hone your skills alongside your peers.
You’ll have honest, open interactions with leaders of all levels and focus across our company. From networking events to work shadowing, you will have meaningful conversations and experiences at Citi.
You’ll also have access to our suite of functional courses and eLearning modules to ensure you have the knowledge you need for success. And when you’re ready, we have a whole host of leadership programs and coaching awaiting you.
You’ll also do more than just be a great partner to our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to give back and make a positive impact where we live and work through volunteerism.
Innovation Through Diversity
Join Our Talent Community
Opportunities for students and graduates change throughout the year. If you’d like to be notified about new opportunities, join our Talent Community by choosing your region and completing the form.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs