Corporate Banking Associate - FIG
The Corporate Banking Associate is responsible for contributing to drive revenues by cross selling the Citi platform while efficiently deploying the firm's capital and evaluating and managing risk.
The role encompasses:
- Relationship management within the FIG France clients’ portfolio including Banks, Insurance companies, Asset Managers, Fintechs, Public Sector and Broker Dealers
- Supporting Bankers, network and product partners to originate business across Citi’s product set, notably DCM, Markets activities (derivatives), Financing (including Acquisition Finance), Trade, Cash management andSecurities Services
- Providing analytical support, risk assessment and monitoring of existing and new relationships in the France FIG portfolio
- Developing good relationships with the clients and be viewed by clients as a specialist in the FI industry
The Corporate and Investment Banking business provides relationship management, financial services on a wide range of situations, capital-raising and debt financing projects, for corporate clients, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Our bankers work closely with other business units to ensure client access to the full range of products and expertise within the organisation.
The position sits within the France FIG Corporate Banking team. The Banker will support the client business. The role involves client contact both face-to-face and by phone.
The Associate will be exposed to product teams, to Citi’s international network and to Risk teams.
Assist in managing the client relationships for FIG France clients:
- Develop relationship with the clients’ head office teams as well as with key subsidiaries.
- Produce best in class presentations to support the marketing effort of Citi’s full product set (flow and episodic) across the globe.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Financial Institutions industries and regulations, stay abreast of market and industry trends, “best practices” and competitive landscape
- Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to deliver against the client agenda.
- Interact with Citi’s network around the globe to ensure activities and origination work streams are co-ordinated across the franchise.
- Manage the overall profitability of the client relationships
- Transaction execution: Lead internal approval processes for DCM/financing as well as negotiation/execution of financing transactions.
- Client Management including assisting in developing appropriate credit strategies and attending client meetings and presentations as appropriate in managing day to day relations.
Credit analysis and risk assessment:
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Oversee credit analysis activities for a specified client set (transaction and periodic credit reviews), monitor operating performance, capital / liquidity position and financial condition
The associate will develop (i) in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the business, (ii) an understanding of clients’ priorities with the aim of identifying appropriate marketing opportunities and (iii) strong relationships internally with key product, risk and regional partners.
Exposure to Senior Management and Senior Bankers.
Opportunity to develop world-class broad based banking and client relationship skills.
Opportunity to work in a large and complex organisation with a demanding customer base and in a challenging and changing business environment.
Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment.
An opportunity to develop a strong knowledge and understanding of credit risk and banking products (DCM, ECM, Loans,…) as well as exposure to ICG product (Treasury & Trade Solutions, Securities Services, Markets,…) and Relationship Management teams.
- 3-5 years of prior experience in Corporate, Investment Banking or Risk
- Demonstrated working knowledge of a broad spectrum of products (financing, capital markets products, derivatives, cash management, trade finance and securities services) and how they meet client needs.
- Credit trained, used to taking a lead role in establishing the creditworthiness of counterparties and assessing risk in transactions.
- Experienced at client planning and coordinating input from multiple product areas.
- Experience with Financial Institutions clients (Banks, Insurance companies, Asset Managers) would be a plus.
- Analytical – assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base.
- Organizational – managing demands from several sources and working against tight deadlines while remaining attentive to details.
- Proactive – identifying situations that could result in new business and developing recommendations tailored to the client.
- Independent – taking the initiative to follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to create and sustain good personal contacts within both clients and internal stakeholders, balancing client requirements and Citi’s priorities.
- Team Player - being able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long term projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Banking background gained from a reputable firm where you will have gained first class training and development as a banker or Risk Officer.
- Quantitative and Financial Modelling skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, notably Excel and PowerPoint
- Language skills: Fluency in French and English
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, MBA or Master's Degree in Business preferred
- Accounting & Corporate Finance
- Counterparty credit analysis and risk assessment
- Understanding legal documentation such as Loan Agreements and ISDAs
- Leadership in team oriented environment
Job Family Group:Institutional Banking
Job Family:Corporate Banking
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs