Citi Private Bank - In Business Senior Risk Manager
This role will be based in Luxembourg until Q1 2022
Citi Private Bank EMEA’s Business Risk and Control team is an in-business team responsible for oversight and co-ordination of control related activities for the Private Bank. The Business Risk and Control team’s core function is to ensure the proactive identification and mitigation of risk and control issues and works closely with Citi’s internal control functions so that the Private Banking business meets its obligations for internal control and risk management. The Business Risk Manager will work with the Business Risk and Control team and wider Private Bank business to enhance the control environment, and to oversee policies, processes and controls that address the variety of internal and external control requirements to which Citi Private Bank are subject.
The Senior Business Risk Manager will be responsible for various risk management duties as assigned, which will include:
- Risk partnering and support for CPB’s Private Banking business in France and other related locations, working with sales, product and support teams on all aspects of risk and control (including operational, compliance, reputational)
- Execution and oversight of the Private Bank’s Risk & Control assessment process in France and other related locations
- Preparation of the quarterly Private Bank Entity Rating process for France and other related locations
- Collation and reporting of key risk and control related metrics relating to France the EMEA region and in support of the Private Bank’s Global risk assessment process
- Preparation of materials for and active participation in business, location, regional Governance forums that relate to CPB
- Monitoring and tracking corrective action plans, overseeing appropriate and on-time remediation of risk issues
- Preparation of Business Risk management information, including presentation of risk and control related MIS to key governance committees (e.g. Country, Region)
- Execution and oversight of controls testing activity across a variety of processes for the Private Bank, including key processes and controls relating to France and other related locations (e.g. AML, MIFID II Suitability)
- Causal analysis and remediation of control weaknesses or errors identified through the risk and control assessment processes or through operational losses or risk events
- Supporting the execution and co-ordination of the Internal and External audit agenda
- Supporting the commercial implementation of Citi wide policies and procedures in the Private Banking business
- Delivering process and control deep dive review activity as required by the Head of Business Risk and Control
- Supporting the execution and delivery of a program of risk management initiatives
The Senior Business Risk Manager will work closely with a variety of stakeholders and functions within Citi Private Bank and the broader Citi organization.
The position allows for considerable professional growth and learning across all material areas of risk and will expose the candidate to a wide and diverse range of policies, processes and products across the Private Bank and related risk and control disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Private Banking, Wealth or Asset Management, Capital Markets
- Experience in implementing operational risk management tools, frameworks and processes
- Proven experience of working in, or with, control functions such as: Compliance, Audit, Risk
- Awareness of relevant UK / Swiss / EU regulation and regulatory frameworks would be beneficial
- Ability to work well in a cooperative, high energy, matrix managed business
- Ideal candidate will have experience of business, process and risk management in financial services
- Demonstrates a knowledge of EU Regulatory Environments, in particular those that relate to KYC, AML, Sanctions, Sales and Suitability
- Analytical inquisitiveness and problem solving ability; an ability to ask insightful questions, break analytical challenges into workable components and draw meaningful conclusions
- Efficient and effective use of office software (including spreadsheets and databases)
- Ability to work well in a cooperative, high energy, matrix managed business
- Ability to collaborate with and lead others to achieve objectives
- Flexible approach and willingness to be 'hands -on' as and when required
- Good at brainstorming; can conceptualise new approaches quickly
- Can communicate complex ideas simply and compellingly
- Proven track record of delivery in a complex matrix environment
- A professionally recognized controls based background in Compliance, Audit, Risk Management or similar
- A sound understanding of processing within a complex systems environment
- Degree educated
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
- Strong inter-personal skills, including stakeholder and conflict management
- Analytical ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to sift through complexity, identify potential areas of risk and set forth issues clearly
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks based on materiality
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Drive and determination - high energy level, but dispassionate and independent
- Able to manage routine processes with precision and ad hoc projects with flexibility and creativity
- Able to approach unfamiliar situations with reference to good control practices
- Effective verbal and written communicator with good report writing and presentational skills
- Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success
Citi Private Bank is a trusted advisor to the world's wealthiest, most influential individuals and families. Like Citi's government, institutional and multinational corporate clients, Citi Private Bank clients receive bespoke service and access to the best ideas and solutions tailored to their unique needs and aspirations.
A part of Citi Global Wealth, Citi Private Bank offers a wide range of products and services covering capital markets, managed investments, portfolio management, trust and estate planning, investment finance and banking. Among its select clients are a third of the world's billionaires, many of whom are globally minded entrepreneurs with an expectation of an institutional level of service, who take advantage of Citi's holistic approach to wealth management.
Citi Global Wealth is a Division of Citi focused on serving the needs of clients across the entire wealth spectrum. It has been created by combining the Wealth Management businesses across Citi Global Consumer Bank and Citi Private Bank. It generates over $6.6 Billion of Revenue across its global footprint in Asia, EMEA, Mexico, and North America. Citi Global Wealth delivers a wide range of products and services covering capital markets, managed investments, portfolio management, trust and estate planning, investment finance and banking. By building on the strengths and capabilities across Citi, we intend to transform the way we serve clients across the wealth spectrum, delivering the full range of high tech and high touch capabilities Citi can offer, and ultimately help them achieve their goals.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs