France Tax Lead - VP
The primary role of the Tax Lead is to support the France CFO & Country Controller, Sub Cluster Controller and Cluster Group Tax manager in managing key relationships with the local Regulators, Tax Authorities and external auditors and control all related tax function activities for the local legal entities; both those performed in country and those outsourced to Citi’s various regional offices.
The candidate will be a key member of EMEA tax department and the France Finance team.
The success criteria in this role is the ability to coordinate and effectively manage the tax activities in France delivering a sound control environment and successful results to the local regulators and Tax Authorities.
As G7 economy, France ranks as one of Citi’s largest markets in EMEA region, measured by client revenues. Citi France
operates within Corporate Investment Banking, M&A,
Advisory, Underwriting, Fixed Income, Equities, FX, Direct Custody Clearing, CTS including Cash and Trade.
The country hosts headquarters for some of the key regulatory authorities in Europe; ESMA (European Securities and
Markets Authority) and EBA (European Banking Authority).
Citi operates through two legal entities in France;
- Citibank Europe Plc, Paris Branch (CEP)
The bank chain entity is part of Citibank Europe Plc which is regulated by European Central Bank and deemed a Significant Institution.
- Citigroup Global Markets Europe, Paris Branch (CGME), the broker/dealer entity.
The Tax role resides in the Finance function, servicing both French legal entities, CEP and CGME.
Act as a trusted member of EMEA Tax, France Finance team and partner with Southern Europe Cluster Controllers, business and other functions to deliver the best support within the following areas of responsibility:
Tax Compliance including but not limited to:
- Preparation, Oversight and Submission of Corporate Income Tax returns for French legal entities
- Preparation,Oversight and Submission of Non Corporate Income Tax returns (e.g. VAT, CVAE, C3S, TVS, CFE-Decloyer);
- Preparation,Oversight and Submission of monthly and annual FEC reporting (The Fichier des Ecritures Comptables)
- Management of all relevant Corporate tax payments
- Governance over VAT compliance and annual VAT prorata ratio calculation
- General ad hoc VAT advice and projects on other areas of financial services VAT
- Assist with initiatives in respect of process efficiencies or new reporting requirements, including VAT automation
- Review of the Effective Tax rate for French legal entities, working with Group tax and external advisors to manage the rate effectively
- Oversight and Submission of Transfer Pricing policies and returns, ensuring local tax compliance
- Regularly monitor the local tax accruals and tax attributes (including tax paid, utilisation of losses, prior year adjustments) including cooperation with adequate internal partners
- Managing Tax related balance sheet
- Ad-hoc research in relation to issues arising during the course of undertaking the above responsibilities
- Preparation of responses to French Tax Authorities queries regarding tax issues
- Working with the wider EMEA tax team in relation to new product offering which impact French Legal Entities
- Supporting the Cluster Group Tax Manager
- Support with all internal and external audit reviews
- Manage the tax relationship with relevant tax parties
- Providing tax advice to local business
Controls and Governance
Contribute to sound controls and governance environment by;
- Ensuring the integrity and timely execution of internal controls, including Quarterly Risk Assessment
- Ensure compliance with Tax accounting directives, guidance and policies
- Efficiently implement new initiatives to comply with Citi internal Control requirements
- Deliver a strong control environment, enhancing controls and integrity around manual data processes by working on automation solutions
- Champion progress in innovation and digitalization solutions
- Engage with offshored offices to enhance efficiencies in the Tax reporting process
Participate in and contribute to all relevant local and regional projects
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree from Finance
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent preferred
- Tax Knowledge preferred
- Qualification with more than 5 years of experience
- An understanding and knowledge of VAT /CT/WHT and financial services
- A background in VAT advisory work, ideally with some background in financial services
- Good understanding of VAT / Corporate Tax and WHT compliance in France
- Experience with managing offshored activities and liaising with Tax Authorities and auditors
- Minimum of 5-year experience in Tax/ Controller function
- An energetic and highly motivated self-starter with an assertive character, a hands-on approach and who aspires to being a key contributor in a dynamic team environment of professionals
- A pro-active team player who has the ability to champion Finance and tax initiatives to successful conclusion
- Strong interpersonal and management skills are essential
- Displays clear accountability and ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Professional approach and excellent financial control and regulatory reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills with professional and
diplomatic approach to reengineering, project management and change management
- Excellent teamwork skills coupled with the ability to work independently as appropriate
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, able to coordinate and manage across multiple deliverables and stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills and high level of attention to detail
- Ability to engage subject matter experts (internal and external) to address and resolve issues
- Excellent French and English language (Fluent both written and verbal)
Job Family Group:Finance
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs