VP, Program Management Lead - Investor Relations Manager
The Investor and MI Relationship Group, a specialized team within Capital Markets, oversees the management of all facets of the business relationships with the Agencies, specifically, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, as well as the Mortgage Insurance Companies. The group supports a wide array of activities and collaborates across all aspects of the organization to ensure CMI remains in good standing with the Agencies and MI companies, to maintain liquidity for the conforming loan production and to identify opportunities resident in investor initiatives and tools to optimize profitability, competitive edge, and product niches
The Investor Relations Manager is responsible for various aspects of the day-to-day management of our business relationships with the Agencies to ensure effective engagement and compliance to maintain viable Secondary Market outlets for the conforming loan production and to achieve mutually beneficial objectives. The role requires close collaboration with all disciplines within the mortgage business, including credit policy, fulfillment, legal, finance, accounting, technology, compliance, servicing, etc., providing leadership and insight of the Agencies business requirements and making recommendations to leverage agency driven solutions that keep us competitive, provide efficiencies, reduced costs and improved customer experience to the mortgage process.
- Ensure effective and active engagement with the agencies
- Manages agencies by maintaining excellent relations, developing new business opportunities with to maximize product offerings, pricing, mortgage volume, and overall mortgage company profitability.
- Oversee and direct internal and external (Agency) relationships integral to the secondary market execution.
- Act as direct relationship manager of and liaison with Agencies and internal partners to coordinate and ensure delivery of a unified corporate message to and from the Agencies.
- Manage the distribution of all Agency communications and provides clarification and interpretation, as necessary, to ensure policies and practices are implemented within the spirit intended.
- Review policy, product and process related updates made by the Agencies, Credit Policy, Regulators and/or MI companies, calling out any gaps or impact to business and/or salability, making recommendations for appropriate course of actions, and partnering with key stakeholders to address as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Negotiate and maintain agency contracts, ensure annual certifications are submitted as required, and monitor agency eligibility criteria, to ensure Citi continues to meet investor requirements and maintains proper selling status.
- Collaborate with the functional business areas, to ensure investor quality requirements are met.
- Direct timely and effective resolution of issues impacting investors through collaboration with key stakeholders. After a thorough assessment of an issue, if the investor is accountable, individual will address issue directly with the investor for resolution.
- Support CMI strategic initiatives and participation on project teams, providing input on investor products, programs, policies and technology tools.
- Drive innovation from the agency driven solutions through partnerships with internal specialist.
- Respond to information and data requests.
- Engage in Agency audits and monitor findings to ensure timely resolution.
- Stay abreast of latest industry trends and think through the impact of those changes on Citi.
- Support a variety of administrative activities within the group.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years mortgage banking experience.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of mortgage banking and demonstrated credit acumen.
- Working knowledge of conventional and government mortgage loan origination process.
- General knowledge of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac applications such as Desktop Underwriter, Uniform Closing Disclosure, Uniform Collateral Data Portal.
- Knowledge/experience with Citi systems a plus.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong written and verbal communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Analytic thinker with ability to define problems and develop innovative solutions with strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituents, at all levels.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence diverse stakeholders and drive. accountability and ownership with key business partners and process owners.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Ability to manage projects with minimal guidance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree a preferred
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs