Mortgage Loan Processing Manager
The Loan Processing Manager provides leadership and direction to a medium-sized team of employees. In-depth knowledge of all of the core functional areas of Fulfillment and key regulations as well as well versed in credit policy, collateral, legal & compliance. Plays a critical role in ensuring that business controls are adhered to thereby mitigating risk to the company. The role is critical in managing teams and pipeline to ensure adherence internal and external client experience for optimal client experience.
- Direct responsibility for a team of loan processing specialists who will perform overall client relationship management including reviewing the loan to ensure credit conditions are met and assisting clients through the balance of the process. Management duties include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Guides the team to meet production goals while ensuring the level of expected service, quality and integrity of the loans are maintained.
- Takes ownership of MCAs, CAPS and Action Plans for Processing area and frequently presenting progress, challenges and performance results of the team, the channel or processing team to peers, senior leaders and partners in various forums.
- Influence decisions through advice, counsel, facilitating services to other or through joint accountability for volume, quality and timeliness of end results.
- Assists processors with complex transactions by providing experience, knowledge and resources in order to guide the processor through the correct steps, questions that arise and approvals needed. Added complexity could be the result of self-employed borrower or unique income sources, Condo/Coop requirements, Government and Investor requirements, market nuances, et al.
- Assists processors with escalated client complaints and resolutions per Complaint Management protocol.
- Work closely with site management on operational issues including training and implementation of operational excellence initiatives.
- Lead meetings with team regarding operational actions.
- Provide input into and implement operational initiatives, benchmarks and metrics for standards of performance.
- Monitor and approval of attendance and overtime.
- Coaching and counseling as needed to employees to ensure the level of expected service, quality and integrity of the loans are maintained and a plan is put in place to ensure success.
- Implements strategic initiatives to ensure profitability of operational plans.
- Leads team members in all tactical and strategic initiatives. Ensure the workflows are effective, efficient and deliver a quality loan product. Ensure the workflows compliment and support the overall goals of the sales team as well as those of the business.
- Act as a key member of the site leadership team. Represent and act as the business knowledge expert in all matters pertaining to closing operations.
- Ensures high levels of client satisfaction through thorough product, process and client knowledge.
- Identifies and suggests process improvements and assists in the implementation of validated process improvements.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Mortgage loan processing experience required
- Management experience required
- 5-8 years of loan processing experience required
- 2-5 years management experience required
- Mortgage industry experience including investor guidelines and industry knowledge to ensure strong file quality & understanding of Citi policy while managing an evolving pipeline.
- Strong sense of urgency with an ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work across business lines taking a big picture approach and providing proactive support, partnership and recommendations to build relationships, improve operational efficiencies and minimize risk across the business.
- Advance computer skills, excellent leadership skills required. Must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy while being detail oriented.
- Excellent planning/organizational, problem-solving, analytical, presentation, listening and oral/written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Flexibility in hour is required. Shifts can vary between 6 am to 9 pm Local Time.
Job Family Group:Operations - Core
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs