Compliance Product Group Manager- Flood Program Management
Serves as a senior function/business/product compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for supporting the US GCB Consumer Mortgage business. Responsible for driving and overseeing delivery of key components of the compliance risk management framework across Mortgage Sales and Middle Office. Responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet the function/business/product and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. Primary responsibilities include monitoring compliance risk behaviors, providing day-to-day Compliance advice relating to operations, financial requirements, and guidance on the supported function/business/product and the associated regulatory rules/laws and interpretation on internal policies and procedures.
This critical role will interface with Personal Banking & Wealth Management (PBWM) and Institutional Clients Group (ICG) leadership responsible for real estate lending in the United States and its territories. This role will also interface with ICRM teams supporting PBWM and ICG businesses, Internal Audit, and the regulators during on-going supervision and annual exams. The candidate should have strong knowledge of the Flood Disaster Protection Act (FDPA) requirements and Agency guidance and be familiar with residential and commercial lending programs. The candidate will provide credible challenge to the first line of defense on issues, and policies and procedures, as appropriate, related to FDPA and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels with the firm’s risk appetite for FDPA compliance.
Key activities include:
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM. Translates ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs.
- Managing a team of Compliance professionals. Responsible for hiring, compensation, performance appraisals, staff development, training, etc.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on Citi’s Compliance programs. Provides expert guidance on function/business/product regulations on a real-time basis to manage compliance risk.
- Staying abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and other industry news including regulatory findings.
- Overseeing the monitoring and identification of regulatory developments, including enforcement actions, and new laws, regulations, rules, and interpretations or guidance relating to the supported function/business/product.
- Analyzing and scoping the impact of new and complex regulatory developments across senior function/business/product, including cross-border impact.
- Advising ICRM and function/business/product management and personnel on regulatory and compliance issues and provide credible challenge.
- Participating in industry groups and trade association working groups or other forums.
- Leading initiatives and managing high-impact special project work streams with a results-driven focus to deliver solutions, including coordinating the implementation of new regulatory requirements.
- Managing strategy and responses to regulatory examinations, reviews and inquiries and internal and external investigations, as well as testing and audit.
- Designing and lead compliance and control reviews.
- Partnering with other ICRM teams and global functions, including Legal, Risk, Operations and Technology, and Finance to prevent and detect non-compliance issues and promote a culture of compliance. This includes partnering with ICRM teams supporting PBWM and ICG businesses, Legal’ s designated FDPA counsel, and the FDPA Global Process Owner.
- Provide credible challenge to the first line Manager’s Control Assessment as it relates to FDPA..
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Expertise in Flood Disaster Protection Act laws, rules, regulations, and risks;
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
Education and/or Relevant Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; strong working knowledge of consumer mortgage lendingand the related operations; previous experience managing a diverse staff
- Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus, CRCM desirable
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Product Compliance Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs