Wealth NAM CRE Underwriting and Portfolio Team Lead
Citi Global Wealth (CGW) is a Division of Citi focused on serving the needs of clients across the entire wealth spectrum. It has been created by combining the Wealth Management businesses across Citi Global Consumer Bank and Citi Private Bank. It serves over 500,000 clients through its global footprint in Asia, EMEA, Mexico, and North America.
Citi Global Wealth delivers a wide range of products and services covering capital markets, managed investments, portfolio management, trust and estate planning, investment finance and banking. By building on the strengths and capabilities across Citi, we intend to transform the way we serve clients across the wealth spectrum, delivering the full range of high tech and high touch capabilities Citi can offer, and ultimately help them achieve their goals.
Citi Global Wealth propositions are delivered via tailored offerings across the Citigold, Citi Private Client, and Citi Private Bank brands
The Lending and CCR business of the Citi Global Wealth offers a diverse product range including Margin Securities Backed Finance (MSBF), Commercial Real Estate (CRE) and Residential Real Estate finance (RRE), Aircraft, Subscription Credit Facilities (SCF), Art-backed Finance as well as tailored solutions to target market clients of the Private Bank.
Wealth Credit Management (WCM) is a critical component of the First Line of Defense for credit risk management and works with business partners and Independent Risk partners to ensure best-in-class risk and controls, as well as client responsiveness. Key responsibilities of the group include credit analysis, documentation, risk identification, exposure monitoring and associated administration associated with Citi Global Wealth lending activities. WCM coordinates with the Institutional Credit Management function in ICG to ensure full alignment on business and regulatory goals as they relate to wholesale lending, as well as consistency and best practices where appropriate.
Within WCM, the North America Head of Underwriting & Portfolio leads the North America credit underwriting and portfolio management function for CGW. The WCM NAM CRE Underwriting and Portfolio Team Lead reports directly to the NAM WCM Portfolio Head.
Lead and drive execution of the WCM Commercial Real Estate (CRE) underwriting and portfolio activities for the assigned client base including the following:
- Setting a team culture which demands excellence in credit analysis specialized on CRE, underwriting, proactive portfolio management and monitoring, strong risk and controls environment, client focused delivery of credit approval packages, regulatory adherence and strong deal execution while adhering to all regulatory requirements, policies and procedures.
- Ensures continuous adoption of best practices in credit analysis, underwriting, portfolio monitoring, early detection of problem credit to maintain strong portfolio quality. Ability to work across with other team leads to support a common best practice and continuous process improvement.
- Promotes close engagement with other CRE groups across the franchise Transactors, Product Heads, Independent Risk and other control functions to allow critical emerging areas of credit risk to be well understood and disseminated throughout the organization.
- Accountable for sustaining strong talent in the function including assessing the adequacy and quality of staffing, to ensure the team are well trained and competitively compensated and that talent development initiatives are in place.
- Support the WCM NAM Portfolio Head, Investment Finance Product and Regional teams, and other global function/business partners on strategic initiatives/projects related to the portfolio as required.
- Support VOE initiatives, team transparency, and team progression.
SPECIFIC CREDIT RISK EXPERIENCE:
- Senior credit approval authority covering large and complex CRE underwritings, capital commitments, derivatives within a Wealth Management or a Corporate CRE and Business with strong understanding experience on underwriting and management of CRE transactions and portfolios. Strong knowledge and experience in working through CRE transaction negotiations and enforcing loan covenant requirements. Experience in CRE workouts/ restructurings, while not a requirement, would be strong enhancement to applicant’s qualifications
- Track record of managing diverse, high-performing teams.
- Experience in effectively engaging with clients, transactors, risk management while managing tight deadlines.
- Experience in and exposure to global credit risk management standards.
- Good understanding of credit products and complex financing and product structures within the CRE space including geographic market knowledge, appraisal analysis/valuation and forecasting/stress testing models
- Ability to provide strategic insights and strong sensitivity to macro and regulatory issues, and impact of such issues on the various risk families, including operational and franchise risks
- Able to discuss and address issues associated with the portfolio quality and trends, allocation of risk assets and risk capital in partnership with banking and credit product organizations
- Demonstrates managerial maturity in looking out for the best interests of the enterprise
- Proactive and able to manage a team through transformation and implement new practices.
- A strong mentor and coach – one with the ability to rally followers and strengthen the overall risk culture of the organization
- Highly skilled communicator who ensures key messages are cascaded throughout the organization
CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS / BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP:
- Proven ability to understand nuances of local markets, local regulation, and the capabilities and practices of competitors
- Navigates organizational complexity and breaks silos
- Creates and sustains a network of strong partnerships with the business in all segments & geographies and other risk functions
- Provides well-reasoned, consistently balanced assessments of risk/return trade-offs associated with transactions and client relationships
- Proven track record of partnering with global peers in leveraging and implementation of best practices
- 10+ years risk/risk-related credit work experience in banking/financial institutions with material experience underwriting and managing CRE portfolios.
- At least a Senior Credit Officer designation within Citi or an equivalent organization with CRE industry initial.
- Proven ability to effectively engage with internal and external clients, regulators and internal control functions including Internal Audit and Fundamental Credit Risk as well as with external audit
- Demonstrates strong ethics and integrity
- Strong leadership. Dynamic, flexible, and with strong communication skills
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ in a complex environment
- Can make decisions under pressure and short timeline, including credit approvals
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Active listening skills.
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiating ability, resolve conflicts amongst various constituencies
- Excellent presentation skills – adept at presenting effectively to audiences of various sizes and various constituencies
Job Family Group:Private Client Product Services
Job Family:IF Lending Generalist
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs