VP , Risk Systems Strategy Execution Analytics ( Acquisition) - Hybrid
The VP , Risk Systems Strategy Execution Analytics ( Acquisition) -is a senior-level position responsible for leading analytical activities including credit review, credit approvals and monitoring the portfolio to identify credit migration in coordination with the Risk Management team. The overall objective of this role is to analytically manage Citi's portfolio exposure to client and counterparties globally.
About Risk Systems and Strategy Execution Group
The Risk Systems and Strategy Execution Group is a part of the risk team that maintains risk systems, production databases and decision platforms executing business rules, risk models and strategies on a variety of processes across the U.S. Consumer Bank’s business and portfolios. The team is responsible for a group of risk systems and technologies with responsibility for platform integration of data and process including risk policy and strategy execution and system administration.
The team also supports new product, partner or program launches, establishes various system settings and automated controls, deploys risk policies and strategies as well as testing systemic strategy execution in support of our portfolios and programs.
This role will provide thought-leadership and analytical insight to enhance critical business decisions in order to define risk policies and business solutions by. The position will also ensure that various risk systems and processes are properly maintained and capable of executing the policies and strategies as intended, and deployed to maintain acceptable risk / return dynamics and positive customer experiences within the unsecured and secured portfolios.
- Develop framework for portfolio risk assessment including evaluation of credit and financial performance across varied lending products and industry segments
- Understand applicable credit policies, industry regulations and the requisite impact of those governance items to prospective new partners or product initiatives
- Establish and leverage cross-functional partnerships and network with key internal and external constituencies
- Utilize Statistical Analysis System (SAS) in a UNIX environment to perform risk, financial and data analyses including profiling, sampling, forecasting and new program due diligence
- Prepare risk management presentations for senior management that include analytics on expected portfolio performance and areas of potential risk and/or opportunity
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
· 6-10 years of experience in credit card risk management or equivalent training and experience preferably in the financial services industry
·Incumbents work with large and complex data sets (both internal and external data) to evaluate, recommend, and support the implementation of business strategies
· Strong understanding and experience working with unstructured data
·Identifies and compiles data sets using a variety of tools (e.g. SQL, Access) to help predict, improve, and measure the success of key business to business outcomes
·Responsible for documenting data requirements, data collection / processing / cleaning, and exploratory data analysis; including but not limited to data visualization techniques
· Experience with end-to-end project or process management.
· Experience working in a large, sophisticated credit granting organization with major credit card, financial services, retail or consulting business a plus.
· Excellent quantitative and analytic skills and data-driven mindset; ability to derive patterns and formulate sound analytical constructs to test different hypothesis
· Hands-on experience working with large datasets; strong programming experience in SAS (& Python)
· Effective in partnering with cross-functional teams and creating/sustaining network of strong client relationships.
· Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to create and deliver compelling presentations, translating complex material into narrative suitable to a variety of audiences.
· Solutions-oriented “can do” attitude, with ability to challenge status-quo and drive innovation via thought leadership while maintaining end-to-end view.
· Ability to prioritize work and make decisions independently with limited guidance from management.
· Extremely detail-oriented, with strong intellectual curiosity. Ability to set and meet high standards.
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
The person will be a part of the Risk Execution and Strategy Analytics Team bringing synergies and providing analytical rigor in streamlining the decision engine across the different business lines across US Personal Banking Business.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs