VP, Treasury Lead Analyst
Citi Treasury manages the capital, funding and liquidity of Citigroup legal entities; manages and provides corporate oversight of liquidity risk, interest rate risk and currency translation risk; and supports product, customer and geographic businesses with risk identification, risk management, product innovation and funding strategy. It is part of Citigroup’s broader Finance organization and consists of the following divisions and key responsibilities:
Balance Sheet Management:
- Oversees asset-liability management (ALM) policies, firm-wide transfer pricing processes, and interest rate risk in the accrual businesses; and leads balance sheet analytics to drive resource allocations.
- Manages Citi Treasury’s securities portfolio strategy; and performs the review and challenge of securities stress testing results and associated models.
- Leads the design, development, and implementation of the firm’s Funds Transfer Pricing system.
- Leads cross functional working groups to design and evolve balance sheet costing frameworks and methodologies.
- Proposes capital policy; designs methodologies for capital attribution to businesses; and leads the design of portfolio management analytical capabilities.
- Responsible for all aspects of capital analysis, forecasting, and planning for Citi
- Providing programmatic leadership for the firm’s capital ratios; risk weighted assets; Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review; and recovery & resolution planning. The organization spans the full capital planning continuum.
Citi Treasury Investments:
- Manages Citi’s excess liquidity via investment portfolios.
- Provides funding for Citi Capital Markets programs including the issuance of Senior and Subordinated Debt, Commercial Paper, Securitized Notes and Preferred Stock.
- Manages Citi’s Intercompany
- Responsible for managing all Interest Rate and FX risk.
- Includes groups like the Capital Markets, MBS, Rates, FXIM, Credit, Asia Pac, and Analytics group
Global Liquidity Management:
- Establishes the framework for sizing liquidity requirements including internal stress testing framework and interpreting regulation in conjunction with other stakeholders within and outside Citi’s Treasury function
- Providing liquidity oversight to Citi’s global entities
- Ensuring that Citi maintains adequate liquidity appropriately positioned to meet the company’s global needs both in normal market conditions as well as during periods of stress.
Global Process Owner:
- Executes consistent centralized change of strategic programs in partnership with Treasury disciplines and organizational partners
- Manages Treasury first-line compliance and operational risks
- Facilitates consistent exam management processes across Treasury - including initiation, progress, and closure of Regulatory concerns and action plans
Legal Entity & Business Treasury:
- Centrally managed organization responsible for managing liquidity, balance sheet and ALM at the individual legal entity or at business / regional level
- Legal Entity Treasurers include coverage for the following legal entities: Parent (Citigroup), Bank (CBNA) and Major Broker dealers
- Business Treasurers work with Citi’s principal businesses (Institutional Clients Group and Global Consumer Business) on ALM issues and drive balance sheet actions to support liquidity, return and capital needs of the firm globally.
The Treasury Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Contributes to the governance of funding, investing and analytics of the balance sheet.
- Participates in managing liquidity and interest rate risk, the capital/legal entity structure and capital planning as well as managing rating agency relationships.
- Involved in capital markets activities including commercial paper and securitization; liquidity, accrual risk oversight and transfer pricing.
- Exposure to Citi’s balance sheet and develop understanding of data and technology infrastructure supporting the liquidity reporting process.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or related field preferred,
- 4-7+ years of experience in Finance
- Must have advanced analytical skills but also the ability to see the big picture
- Excellent communication skills are imperative i.e. ability to make complex subjects easily digestible for senior management
- Exercises proven Power Point and Excel skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment Ability to interact with all levels of management Must be a team player
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Balance Sheet Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs