VP - Risk Project Manager
The Risk Project Manager will support Risk Portfolio Project Leader and Senior Risk Project Manager who lead a team executing against highly transformational, complex programs of work. The team will be responsible for achieving the goals and objectives of a specific initiative, consisting of a complex set of programs. This position will be responsible for driving the execution of the strategy to ensure the goals and objectives of the Initiatives are completed successfully. We are hiring several Program Managers and candidates will be aligned to each Initiative based on their area of expertise as identified through the interview process.
Project Managers in the recently established Risk Program Management organization are expected to have a track-record in managing complex, multi-faceted initiatives with multiple stakeholders (Businesses and other functions like Finance, Technology etc.) as well as strong partnership, collaboration and creative problem solving skills to achieve value-adding outcomes. Strong understanding of effective risk management practices as well as thought leadership on meeting regulatory requirements will also be expected of the Project Manager.
Project manage the Book of Work across Risk segments/stripes and, in partnership with other Program Management leads, businesses and other functions, with best-in-class execution discipline
- Partner closely with Risk Work Stream Leader and Portfolio Project Leader in area of program expertise to:
- Support execution plans to meet deliverables critical to the Transformation Initiative
- Manage and monitor the performance of assigned programs of work to ensure program scope definition is in alignment to business goals
- Ensure consistent implementation of common PMO standards, reporting, and closure process across programs
- Provide on-the-ground support to help execute the planning, directing and coordination of day-to-day activities of running the Initiative or portfolio of programs
- Monitor and track execution of transformation programs within the Initiative and escalate program risks impacting project delivery to appropriate stakeholders; ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary
- Support adherence to program processes, procedures, methods, and standards for program delivery and leverage across the programs
- Support the identification and drive resolution of issues, including those outside established projects of work
- Collaborate with other Program Managers to action deliverables from reviews of each program’s defined scope, target state, and success criteria to ensure it fully addresses the letter and the spirit of the regulatory feedback, broader supervisory expectations and underlying issues and root causes, and is embedded in a broader strategic vision
- Support identification and escalation constraints (e.g., lack of clarity on outcomes, ineffective program management, resource constraints, lack of stakeholder support etc.) in collaboration with Program Leads
- Support all aspects of the project reporting including: RAG ratings, key performance indicators, status updates, adherence to dates and deliverables and quality of deliverables
- Provide input to continuously enhance Risk Management’s program management practices in collaboration with the CAO Transformation Group
- Continuously strengthen the capabilities across the talent in the organization while learning from internal / external best practices
- Confirm effectiveness of existing governance / execution processes for all portfolio projects, identify and fix issues, escalate in a proactive manner
- Support a review and challenge of plans for each program, including definition and timing of work streams, deliverables and other milestones against commitments, dependencies, and staffing
- Continuously ensure that programs have clearly identified the required roles and responsibilities and have appropriately identified, and are engaging, all relevant Citi stakeholders with appropriate accountability
- Perform end-to-end review and challenge of program deliverables to confirm quality and adequacy of deliverables against program target state
- Support identification of interdependent elements and provide recommendations, where needed, for combining or connecting initiatives to achieve greater effectiveness and efficiency
- Support facilitation, coordination, and arbitration of cross-functional macro level topics with key stakeholders (often including Senior Management)
- Ensure full compliance with Citi’s PMO Policies and Standards for process, tools and quality assurance
- At least 5 years’ experience in genuine Program management or consulting roles during which s/he applied a structured approach (methodology) to the successful management, tracking, planning, monitoring and reporting of concurrent, multiple financial services projects spanning broad geographies and organizations
- Experience within a highly complex, global financial institution or related industry
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding transformation and program management disciplines and a strong business understanding of the products and services Citi offers
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Understanding of relevant banking regulation and supervisory expectations for large complex financial institutions, particularly in the risk management space
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on multiple topics concurrently (e.g. risk frameworks, processes that are being remediated / transformed) to be able to understand program objectives and to oversee / contribute effectively to their execution
- Preferred prior experience and understanding with one or more risk management disciplines in a large global bank environment (e.g. operational risk, credit risk, market risk, risk identification and assessment, risk appetite, etc.).
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills - able to identify and influence key decision makers across various levels and functions within the organization; defuse conflict and work toward agreement
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills with ability to engage at the senior management levels
- Well-developed listening skills and a strong ability to engage at the senior management level
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with an ability to take reasoned decisions under pressure
- Track record of managing internal relationships and demonstrated experience in leading sustained change and change management efforts
- Experience with Agile methodology preferred including:
- SCRUM and Kanban processes and roles
- Understanding of how to capture requirements and their delivery leveraging SCRUM and/or Kanban approaches
- Tools: JIRA, Confluence, or MS Teams
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Project Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs