VP, Risk Appetite and Limits, Concentration Risk Management (Wholesale Credit) - C13
Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank - an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Principles represent the qualities, behaviors and expectations we all must exhibit to deliver on our mission of enabling growth and economic progress. They contribute to creating a culture that drives client excellence, controls excellence and operational excellence.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
About the Group:
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) within Independent Risk Management is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the principles articulated in Citi’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework and for specific enterprise-level risk management programs and processes that span the organization, the lines of defense and various risk categories. These include risk identification, enterprise risk analytics, risk appetite & limits, new activity risk management, risk frameworks & policy, strategic risk, digital assets risk and climate risk. The group is headed by the Head of ERM who reports directly to the Citigroup Chief Risk Officer (CRO).
About the Team:
As part of ERM, the Risk Appetite & Limits team is responsible for designing and driving enhancements to strengthen the firm’s approach to risk appetite and limits, including concentrations. The team’s book of work is constructed to deliver a clearly articulated risk appetite that is connected to firm-wide processes, cascaded within firm and that is supported by metrics, limits and assessments that ensure a risk profile that is consistent with the firm’s defined risk appetite. The team is led by the Head of Risk Appetite & Limits who reports to the Head of ERM.
About the Role:
The current opening is for a Vice President on the Risk Appetite & Limits team, focused on the firm’s approach to enterprise concentration risk management. The objective of the role is to support and enhance the concentration risk framework for Wholesale Credit risk pools (e.g., industry, single names, focused products). The individual will be responsible for providing concentration-related subject matter expertise in these areas to relevant first and second line stakeholders.
- Supporting the review and challenge of enterprise level limits / metrics from a concentration risk perspective in coordination with first line Business and second line Independent Risk management
- Working with first and second line team members from Wholesale Credit risk pools to enhance concentration risk metrics for robust risk pool coverage and monitoring of existing and emerging concentration risk
- Performing independent analysis and monitoring existing and emerging concentration risks to develop relevant concentration risk-driven narrative for Senior Management and Board-level reporting
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to enhance the connectivity of concentration risk management processes with day-to-day business and risk management practices (e.g., by strengthening existing linkages or establishing new linkages)
- Supporting the enhancement and ongoing oversight of the team’s monitoring and reporting capabilities and ensure adherence to requisite policies/procedures
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a significant transformation effort of one of Citi’s foundational risk management programs, with active engagement across multiple business lines and regions. The candidate will have organizational exposure to senior management and subject matter experts across businesses and functions, including the Citigroup CRO and their leadership team.
- 6-10 years previous wholesale credit analysis and/or wholesale credit portfolio management experience, including experience with limit setting and monitoring and stress testing
- Prior experience with counterparty credit risk and/or derivatives & securities financing transactions, along with the ability to assess companies (e.g., for business structures, industry/competitive analysis) highly valued
- Strong project management and verbal communication skills including ability to drive discussions with first and second line Senior Management
- Strong written communication skills including Board-level presentations, policy writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in SAS/Tableau a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in analytic field (e.g., finance, business, economics, mathematics) required
- Advanced degree(s) and/or professional certifications (e.g., CFA, FRM) highly valued
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs