Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
VP - Retail Design and Construction, Program/ Regional ManagerApply Now Locations: New York, New York Job Function: Corporate Services Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19013242
The Program Manager/Regional Manager will have responsibility for a portfolio of retail design and coordinated construction program typically comprising of a range of retail projects from minor remodels to new locations. This candidate will manage a retail portfolio to achieve scope, schedule and budget while improving process and standards related to retail. Program manager will be responsible to ensure the performance of project managers assign to the region and to be the control function to safeguard the company’s compliance and policies are met accordingly.
- Act as liaison between Citi Realty Services Senior Management, Asset Management, Transaction team as well as internal Client Businesses and Business Real Estate Liaisons (BREL), to establish project and business goals and needs.
- Work collaboratively with the regional Retail Design Lead, and Procurement to ensure goals are met and issues resolved nationally.
- Work with governmental and nongovernmental jurisdictional authorities for permitting, design approval and construction implementation.
- Develop plans and budgets for review and approval. Orchestrate and drive the successful and timely design of construction projects to achieve the business goals, including the identification and resolution of risks and issues, which impact project delivery.
- Manage the performance of external consultants and vendors in a collaborative and cooperative manner.
- Drive a functional, creative and cost effective design and implementation process.
- Develop specific client requirements and establish clear and verifiable expectations.
- Develop Requests for Proposals for outside consultant, construction and various other outsourced vendor services.
- Oversee the management and construction of projects within region to ensure timescales, specifications, quality and costs are achieved within approved parameters.
- Assist sub-regions on all aspects of design planning and engineering.
- Ensure sub-regions comply with Corporate and local standards and procedures related to design approval (construction, sanitary, fire and premises occupation requirements, including permits and concessions).
- Ensure a consistent standard and approach to delivery and design across the region.
- Corporate Policies and guidelines are adhered to during the delivery process.
- Ensure proper documentation is utilized to demonstrate assessment of potential risk.
- Review objectives, budgets and timelines to facilitate the approval of Capital Expenditure Proposals.
- Provide assistance and guidance for inspection and evaluation of prospective sites/buildings as part of due diligence exercises.
- Monitor actual schedule and costs against the project estimates. Report significant variances and develop corrective action plans.
- Work collaboratively with team to develop comprehensive project plans based on approved funding. Project plans typically include: scope, schedule, cost, quality, roles and responsibilities, communication, staffing, risk and issue management.
- Obtain commitment to the plans.
- Analyze bids and interview bidders evaluate qualifications.
- Compile reports as necessary relating to project delivery, project progress and Capital expenditure to ensure both Regional and Global Management are updated on delivery within NAM.
- Communicate timely and effectively with staff and management on project status, issues, risks, goals and objectives.
- Ensure all stakeholders and their needs are identified and managed.
- Schedule and lead project meetings as required, including preparation of meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- Create and distribute project status/project progress reports to team and management
- 6+ years’ experience in retail and or financial institution construction and project management industry during which s/he applied a structured approach (methodology) to project planning, estimating, monitoring and reporting through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through closure.
- 6 years’ experience managing project management staff.
- The ability to develop manage remotely. Strong leadership skills, the ability to mentor, grow and lead a team.
- The ability to work cross functionally.
- Demonstrate leadership and adaptability when facing unique challenges encountered on each project.
- High energy and a passion for project management and its processes.
- Very strong written, spoken and presentation communication skills.
- Very strong influencing and partnering skills.
- Strong meeting organization and facilitation skills.
- Team player with ability to handle strong personalities at all levels of the company.
- Experience and ease in interfacing with Senior Management.
- Track record of managing work to achieve milestones on time and within budget in a high-pressure environment Analytical, flexible, team-oriented, have good interpersonal and follow up skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) and industry standard project management tools.
- Financial Services experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.