VP Business Risk Officer
Markets and Securities Services (MSS) provide world-class solutions that are as diverse as the needs of the corporates, institutions, governments, and individual investors we serve in 160 countries and territories. The breadth, depth, and strength of our underwriting, sales and trading, and distribution capabilities span asset classes and currencies, sectors and industries, covering a vast array of products.
The MSS Transformation team works with all MSS businesses and Citi functions, including Legal, Compliance, Finance, Risk and O&T to identify, mobilize and execute responses to regulatory and cross-business transformational projects. The primary mission of the team is to design and implement integrated solutions and sustainable capabilities in the most efficient and effective way for MSS and its clients.
Examples of major programs that MSS Transformation currently (or recently) manage include: Brexit; Dodd-Frank Title VII; EMIR/Re-Fit; FRTB; IBOR Transition; Markets Conduct Risk; MiFID / MiFIR; Resolution Stay Rules; Volcker / Volcker 2.0 and multiple specific APAC/EMEA/NAM Regulations.
The Volcker Rule Office (VRO) is Citi’s first line function that manages our ongoing firm-wide compliance with the Volcker Rule. Responsibilities include the design, operation and oversight of the central proprietary trading and covered fund control framework required to ensure Citi has a reasonably designed program for compliance with the Volcker Rule. Working closely with the businesses, ICRM, Legal, Finance and Risk, the team is responsible for the designs and operation of key Volcker controls for the firm including, but not limited to, Reasonably Expected Near Term Demand (RENTD) analysis for limit setting, Trading Mandates, Risk Mitigating Hedging controls and Metrics reporting to the Volcker Regulators. As a member of the Volcker Rule Office, this role will deliver integrated solutions supporting Citi’s global Volcker Rule compliance program, in line with regulatory expectations, working closely with the front office, Independent Risk, Compliance and other support and control functions.
Responsibilities and priorities will reflect needs of the organization and will evolve over time, however the following are some of the specific activities expected of this role:
- Responsible for the successful delivery of projects and BAU activities in line with overall MSS Transformation book of work on the Volcker Rule Program.
- Partner with business, risk, finance and legal stakeholders to monitor changes in business activity. Assess any Volcker implications and support the business in ensuring Volcker compliance requirements are met on an ongoing basis. Key subject areas include: Trading Desk Mandates, Volcker Metrics and Risk Mitigating Hedging effectiveness monitoring.
- Project manage and deliver key changes across a number of sales / trading desks and functions including Risk, Legal, Finance and Compliance.
- Partner with technology teams to develop sustainable solutions supporting the Volcker program including enhanced controls and streamlining/automation initiatives.
- Identify, prioritize and proactively manage dependencies, risks, exceptions and issues.
- Effective communication with key stakeholders, both internal and external to the program / project, including obtaining buy-in for business process and infrastructure changes.
- Provide subject matter expertise for internal queries relating to appropriate projects.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Experience with regulatory rules and ideally in delivering regulatory initiatives. Knowledge of the Volcker Rule a plus.
- Project management background with experience of project management techniques in a Markets Front Office environment preferable.
- Knowledge or familiarity with global markets trading products ideally with one of the following; Fixed Income, Equity, Currencies & Commodities and/or Securities Services i.e. Prime, Collateral, Clearing, Custody and Fund Services.
- Understanding of Front Office trading processes within a large bank/dealer and market risk management is a plus.
- Ability to use MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of internal Citi systems a plus.
Skills and Competencies – Must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Organized, with the ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and organizational skills to mobilize and motivate delivery in a co-operative and collaborative working environment across trading and support functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to communicate with senior management.
- University Degree Educated.
- Industry knowledge and delivery track record preferred.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs