VP, Finance Solutions Lead Analyst
At Citigroup, the Capital Planning group plays a central role in business, investments, risk and appropriate returns for shareholders. It is directly responsible for the efficient and prudent management of the corporation's as well as its subsidiaries' capital across the enterprise globally.
This role is in the Capital GPO (Global Process Owner) horizontal that supports the verticals of Capital Planning. The GPO team is responsible for ensuring and exploring Process & Data correctness, envision & build Efficiencies in Reporting, Monitoring and Consolidation of Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) and Capital ratios required for capital management metrics and Regulatory Reporting for multiple legal entities.
The Finance Solutions Lead Analyst is a strategic professional having a business critical and regulatory driven role in this position. Therefore we are looking for a VP who will have responsibility for planning, developing and executing upon high profile Capital Planning initiatives that are part of the Citi's transformation journey and agenda to build a better bank, and/or, our regulatory mandated Capital Planning, regulatory and remediation initiatives and programs (including in support of Consent Orders, Management Remediation Actions, Regulatory Programs & Responses). Role involves execution of remediation and transformation initiatives to meet Citi’s commitments established in the OCC and FRB Consent Orders relating to Spot RWA, as well the remediation required for the FRB MRIAs on Spot RWA. It will ensure the timely execution of the projects and related action plans. The work involves both strategic “build the bank” projects over next three to four years in RWA, Basel and CCAR domains as well as "run the bank" efforts as committed by the firm to the regulators. Role will provide exposure to senior management, regulatory agencies as well as partners extensively with colleagues across Treasury, Other Finance Partners, IT, Lines of Business, Risk Management, RWA Operations production teams, and data governance teams.
The VP lead multiple projects at the same time including end to end planning across Capital Planning framework, identifying and structuring the problem being remediated, analysis and synthesis of its root causes, creation of new options/solutions, organizing the programs and prioritizing, executing and obtaining necessary buy-ins. The body of work involves significant interaction with senior management as also managing multiple stakeholders. Also contributes to overall design, roll-out and in formulating/setting direction for newer processes and business architecture transformations including for the strategic and regulatory funded projects on RWA. Required expertise includes capital planning methodologies, controls, stress testing, capital measures and regulatory requirements, data and infrastructure issues, and technology solutions set. Support multiple initiatives locally and internationally as engaged in the strategic or regulatory programs. Acts as a lead RWA SME or key driving agent on multiple projects.
Responsibilities of the role are (but not limited to):
- Drives regulatory deliverables and remediation efforts to systemically automate and/or into production across the Capital Continuum with specific focus on RWA and CCAR. Acts as the business lead on the regulatory projects with responsibility for all the phases of SDLC, from requirement gathering, business analysis, design of solutions/operating models to overseeing the Technology partners doing development, UAT teams as required, and to finally go live in production.
- Works on efforts that span Regulatory Capital, RWA Credit or Market Risk, Risk measures and sensitivities, Stress Testing, CVA, and related regulatory requirements (FRTB, CCAR, Basel II.5, Basel III, Basel IV) in a large systemically important bank setting and as related to its highly complex global infrastructure.
- Performs in-depth review and investigations on RWA problems, computation issues, variances and systemic root causes to improve major processes and systems continually.
- Drives the regulatory requirements gathering, scenarios planning, macro-economic variables and parameters to final implementation (including required processes, operating models and systems) working between Capital Planning BAU (Business-as-Usual) and several Partner functions on one side and the Citi O&T, Data and Infrastructure Teams on the other side, while having a lead business view being in the first line business group.
- Provide subject matter expertise to drive RWA projects and to implement RWA calculations using Basel rules for wholesale Banking Book including Available For Sale (AFS), Contingent, Fails, Purchased Receivables, Unused Committed, Off and on balance sheet, default and other exposure types, Retail, Trading Book, Securitization, DSFT and/or Market Risk.
- Research the business problem, related issues and then develop and socialize solutions and improvements with all the relevant partners and seniors (including all key requirements and constraints).
- Understand the current state, design and create the lead business view of the new target states and operating models (people, process, systems) for the most critical Capital Planning processes.
- Drives process, control and technology improvements for Capital Planning processes, with the goal of reducing manual processes and improving the control environment.
- Participates in formulating and setting direction for process and business areas or systems being improved and changed for a sustainable period.
- Accountable for credible evaluation of methodologies, results, governance and processes and contributes to future strategy of the overall approach accepting and conducting review and challenge.
- Uses business proof of concepts (e.g. utilizing excel, diagrams, etc.) to analyze and identify deficiencies and to design enhancements and proposals.
- Presents outcome of proof of concepts, in partnership with others, to senior leaders to get sponsorship for solutions.
- Acts as an end to end expert on individually owned initiatives and work streams. Is a fast learner on new initiatives and projects by reaching out and gathering all the facts.
- Partners in investment / budget estimation for new solutions. Create business case for chosen solutions and present to senior leadership to request budget. Finalizes business requirements for chosen solutions for IT development.
- Plans and executes upon the agreed upon tactical as well as strategic road map of each initiative to drive improvements, innovations and transformations.
- Owns and drives new solutions, designs and build (the manual and automated portions) with partners, for the ultimate development of new capabilities and the aggregation, reporting and visualization of the results.
- Conducts oversight as to any errors, manual interventions and tests on data quality, data tracing, manual adjustments and entries for logic and reasonableness.
- Develops, resolves and closely monitors execution of regulatory, audit, Cobra or self-identified remediation projects.
- Emphasize improvements, with a business lens, that ultimately help solve big problems, streamline global processes, reuse existing infrastructure, improve timeliness, automate information flows, leverage latest technologies, eliminate large redundant steps, reconciliations and multiple manual touch points.
- Maintains written documentation of projects for senior management communications and/or in case of an audit requirement.
- If one is looking for a role that has constant variety in terms of risk stripes and asset classes learned, or the number of domains, complex specialties and/or ‘big bank’ financial regulatory projects or changes handled, and where the next challenge is nothing like the one that you just finished, then this is the job for you.
- Role provides a unique vantage point to gain a firm-wide perspective across all asset classes across all the businesses (ICG and Consumer), stress continuum scenarios and assessment methodologies (e.g. Standard, Advanced, CCAR, RRP, COVID-19) and risks (credit, market, liquidity and strategic).
- Candidate will lead/support an agenda for change, transformation and complex re-engineering across multiple areas as opposed to routine or business as usual in one area. Consequently, each field, subject matter area or problem will manifest an ever changing variety of interesting efforts and challenges to work upon and learn from.
- Unique opportunity to gain a broad understanding of many key facets of capital planning, bank financials and exposures, including “how it gets done” within a large globally systemic financial institution.
- Opportunity to build partnerships with colleagues across Lines of Businesses, Finance, Technology, Operations; and other main line functions such as Risk Management and IA.
- 7+ years’ experience of working in Financial Services in Regulatory Capital, RWA, Credit or Market Risk, SLE, Risk measures and sensitivities, Stress Testing, and related (FRTB, CCAR, Basel III, Basel III reforms, referred to as Basel IV), preferably in a large systemically important bank and/or a top tier consulting company, primary regulator and/or agencies.
- BS/BA in Business, Finance, Computer Science/Information Systems, Engineering or related field. Master’s Degree in related areas/MBA or CPA/CFA is a plus.
- Experience in finance (e.g. FP&A, Controllers), risk (Credit, CCR) or related area in a line business, technology or operations within a complex asset class or exposure type (e.g. DSFT).
- Experience working on large regulatory remediation initiatives, big bank technology-led improvements and/or transformations a plus
- Relevant finance, risk or other certifications are a plus e.g. PMP (PMI), CTP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel & PowerPoint in particular).
- Expertise on exposures in Banking or Trading book using Basel approaches (e.g. Available For Sale (AFS), Contingent, Fails, Purchased Receivables, Unused Committed, Off and on balance sheet, default and other exposure types, Retail, Trading Book, DSFT, Market Risk and/or Securitization exposures like RMBS, ABS, CMBS, CLOs and CDOs).
- Knowledge of Capital Planning, Capital Adequacy, Banking Regulations or Risk Management from a global bank perspective or a subject matter expert in a related specific field.
- Understanding of RWA and CCAR production processes and/or systemic implementation across various asset classes including its business level capital attribution to assist in taking capital considerations into account when making decisions and/or to identify uncertainties or breaks and the required compensating measures.
- Knowledge of financial products such as Loans, Bonds, Swaps, Futures, Options, and OTC Derivatives across asset classes: Interest Rates, Cross Currency, Equity, FX, Credit, Inflation, Commodity, Securitized products, and hybrids.
- Problem-solver mindset, with strong analytical background and ability to comprehend complexities, systems and processes.
- Can think “outside the box” and from “first principles” in clarifying/resolving complex and abstract enterprise level issues.
- Strong business analysis competency to shape solutions with clear thinking and ability to breakdown abstract problem.
- Takes ownership, plans thoroughly, anticipates risk, has the big picture as well as all the minutiae needed to contribute a flawless delivery.
- Self-motivated; is able to execute and drive results, including in the absence of detailed instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; reliable and collaborative/enjoyable to work with; both independently as well as a team member.
- Strong attention to detail, willingness to "roll up sleeves"; takes pride in producing polished, high quality and accurate work; has a positive can-do attitude to finish based on a foundation of consistent dependable work ethic.
- Proven ability to lead/deep-dive into various areas across LOBs/Functions, adaptable in his/her role.
- Able to drive consensus and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders to achieve assigned goals.
- Presents regulatory, financial or technical intricacies in language and context that is easily understood by audience.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and excellent interpersonal skills for interaction with senior managers, auditors and partners.
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Fin Solutions Dsgn & Implement
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs