VP BCMA Wholesale Credit Team | Global Credit CAP Manager
VP BCMA Wholesale Credit Team | Global Credit CAP Manager
In view of heightened expectations from regulators and to ensure a strong and consistent global control environment, BCMA continues to enhance its business control and governance framework.
The Global Credit CAP Manager, will report to the Head of the BCMA Wholesale Credit team (part of the Corporate Bank) and be responsible for the global coordination and monitoring of the Credit related CAPs of BCMA Corporate Banking. The Global Credit CAP Manager will incorporate in-flight the current inventory of Corporate Banking Credit CAPs (Corrective Action Plans) into the WCR (Wholesale Credit Risk) Program framework. The WCR program is a key senior initiative to improve, simplify, harmonize and re-define end-to-end the Lending Processes of BCMA. WCR is program, part of the Consent Order, that will define the global processes that Citi uses to extend credit in the years to come. The WCR consists of six cross-business workstreams supported by Global Project team and a group of external consultants (E&Y / PWC).
• Own the Global BCMA credit related CAP Inventory
- Set up a dashboard to monitor, prioritize, analyze trends, and report concerns to meet the deadlines /close any CAP to senior management
- Bring the inventory BCMA credit related CAPs to the WCR remediation efforts / project framework
- Engage and coordinate with each CAP owner and CAP coordinator to ensure deadlines and expectations on each issue are met, elevating any concerns to achieve commitments
- Coordinate with IA / FCR / ICM / BCMA Risk & Controls or any other key stakeholders to record the closing, re-targeting, or modification of any existing CAP
- Ensure that the CAP Inventory is updated with any new CAPs raised across regions / industries as a result of Regulatory feedback, IA or FCR reviews, or self-identified
• Work with the Regional and Industry BCMA leads to ensure that all credit related issues across BCMA are appropriately and proactively identified, collated, logged and analyzed, in order to extract value-add information and reporting
- Responsible for writing high-quality new CAPs that can be brought to the WCR remediation / program efforts
- Translate the feedback of IA / FCR reviews and Issues Management Forum recommendations related to credit in strong and coordinated remediation plans for BCMA
- Interact with the Industry and Regional teams when a new CAP is set up as a result of MRA / IA / FCR / Issues Management or self-identified process
- Ensure global coordination / harmonization of new issues / CAPs
- Avoid any duplications of CAPs / efforts
• Lead the process to instill discipline and coordination to execute and close the inventory of credit related CAPs in BCMA Corporate Banking.
- Reduce the number of credit related CAPs in BCMA Corporate Banking over time
- Coordinate with Risk & Controls and ICM to ensure that data and other non-credit CAPs assigned to BCMA Corporate Bank are clearly identified and address
• Continuously improve processes and infrastructure by exploring and evaluating new data sources, tools, and capabilities within the context of WCR in partnership with Risk & Controls, ICM, and other key stakeholders
• Proven experience in interacting across 1st, 2nd and 3rd line of defense teams (global issues)
• Understanding of IA, FCR, Compliance, Manager Controls Assessment (MCA) methodologies. Previous experience in FCR / IA is a plus
• Able to assess, prioritize, and synthesize issues
• Proven track-record to identify issues, set remediation plans, track, monitor and accomplish remediation (CAPs-ideally). Problem solving approach
• Able to define the agenda and elevate any concerns to senior stakeholders
• A proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with BCMA Industry / Regional leads and other divisions (Risk, Legal, Risk & Controls, IT, Ops, ICM) exerting influence without direct authority
• Ability to: multitask, work independently, address changing priorities, identify root causes / trends and anticipate horizon issues
• Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
• Good understanding of regulatory space and the ICG Credit Risk Policy
• Range of experience demonstrating flexibility in skillset and approach
• Undergraduate degree required
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs