Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Vice President, SOX Monitoring LeadApply Now Locations: New York, New York Job Function: Finance Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19111230
The Process Control Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Lead quarterly issue reviews from Citi’s internal Issue Reporting system, by reviewing relevant items and then meeting with the overall SOX and FDICIA Teams and managing the follow-ups
- Primary contact for multiple functional and regional SOX Coordinator Teams, including reviewing Tier 1, Tier 2, Entity Level and Footnote documents
- Responsible for helping to lead efforts in the external auditor and SOX Application reviews, including coming up with ideas for improving the process and closing the gap on scoped in Applications
- Design, implement, and maintain documentation for processes and procedures performed by SOX Program Team to meet program requirements
- Assist in the creation, testing, and management of technology solutions, using approved platforms and applications to support the information and communication needs of the SOX Program Team
- Collaborate with the SOX Project Manager and SOX Operations and Process Lead to implement sustainable solutions that support necessary changes in the requirements and scope of Citi’s SOX Program
- Support internal information and reporting requests from SOX program team members
- Provide support and assistance to the greater Finance – Control Initiatives Team on various projects
- Lead or assist in the external audit efficiency efforts by working with Citi Teams across the globe and the other SOX Team members
- Assist the SOX Program Lead, where needed, on issues that come up during the annual integrated audit, including managing escalations and intervening to assist the external auditors to obtain needed information .
- Uses communication and diplomacy to guide and influence others, in particular colleagues in other areas. Technical expert who acts as an advisor on significant business decisions.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- CPA license or working towards license.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with virtual teams, to set realistic deadlines, and to effectively manage one’s own time and priorities to meet those deadlines including regular communication and updates to the SOX Program Lead
- Process oriented, data driven, and exceptionally well organized and detailed
- Ability to work individually or with different Teams on various projects
- Diligent work ethic in ensuring timely submission of deliverables, adaptive to changing requirements, ability to appropriately prioritize deliverables or ask for guidance, excellent analytical skills
- Recent experience working in a public accounting firm, with preference to having audited financial services a plus
- Previous experience in a Finance or related role with a focus on process design and improvement. Preference for experience supporting regulatory compliance, operational risk management, or financial reporting
- General understanding of common financial products and processes in consumer banking, institutional banking, corporate treasury, and various other corporate finance activities
- (Preferred) Previous experience related to SOX 404, SOX 302, FIDICIA, or Internal Audit
- Working knowledge of internal control concepts including the COSO 2013 internal control framework
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.