Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Vice President, Balance Sheet Lead Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,New York,Long Island City
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19000805
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to
execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
• Monitor the balance sheets of Citibank, N.A. (“CBNA”), the U.S. Bank component of CBNA and other U.S. subsidiaries of CBNA, including daily monitoring of liquidity metrics, and providing key financial planning and liquidity forecasting to support senior management in strategic decision-making.
• Perform analytical and liquidity risk management duties to support balance sheet governance and ensure compliance with regulatory framework.
• Prepare Funding and Liquidity Plan for the U.S. component of CBNA and other CBNA subsidiaries
• Assist with Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR) / Dodd Frank Act Stress Test (DFAST) process which includes forecast of balance sheet lines, liquidity and capital ratios in various stress scenarios.
• Analyze, build, and maintain financial models used to forecast balance sheet, capital and liquidity metrics to ensure accurate and ongoing analysis of global liquidity positions, as well as alignment to financial goals and compliance with regulatory required minimums.
• Drive balance sheet optimization and establish and implement governance policies through the Asset and Liability Committees of CBNA and other legal entities to ensure prudent liquidity and capital levels.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Global Liquidity Management, Capital Planning, FP&A, and others on the execution of complex financial analysis to provide recommendations for the development of financial strategies on a country and business basis.
• Coordinate with country treasurers on balance sheet optimization and forecasting for bank entities, including the allocation of assets and deposit targets.
• Contribute to the management of collateral requirements and quantitative limits to meet the requirements of Sections 23A and 23B of the Federal Reserve Act.
• Participate in the governance of CBNA and its subsidiaries
Requires a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or a related field and 5 years of experience in the in the job offered, as a Treasury Analyst, or in a related position performing funding and liquidity management for a financial services company.
Prior professional experience must include:
• Performing analysis of balance sheet movements and funding and liquidity reporting flows;
• Monitoring balance sheet metrics and capital levels, including Tier 1 Capital Ratio, Supplementary Capital Ratio and also RWA (risk-weighted asset); and
• Performing financial forecasts and analyzing Basel requirements aligned to the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) which is the Federal Reserve’s primary supervisory mechanism for assessing the capital adequacy of large financial institutions.
• Must possess knowledge of:
• Liquidity risk management, including knowledge of regulatory requirements, Basel rules and liquidity metrics such as Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) and Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR);
• Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR) / Dodd Frank Act Stress Test (DFAST);
• Derivatives; and
• Section 23A and 23B of the Federal Reserve Act.