U.S. Wealth Management - Financial Planning Advisor Led Strategy Lead - SVP
The Financial Planning Strategy Lead is accountable for the management of the overall Financial Planning Value Proposition Strategy, E2E roadmap and delivery to advisors as well as clients. Position requires a comprehensive understanding of Financial Planning as an offering for end client, advisors, planners and how to deliver the capability across channels. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of financial planning. Position will also be strategic about next best actions for the client given their goals. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of capability to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate externally with vendors/3rd party providers as well as internally, often at a senior level. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team, including management of people, book of work, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the leadership team and defines and oversees the overall financial planning strategy for advisors/planners/clients across the wealth spectrum. Works in close partnership with business heads, senior leadership to drive execution against the strategy.
- Identify opportunities and issues of strategic importance to drive financial planning engagement across both clients and advisors/planners.
- Focuses on moving the needle around financial planning adoption, whereby focusing on low hanging fruit and driving a more strategic end-to-end journey enhancement
- Develop transformational strategies to accelerate financial planning penetration via advisor led planning strategies. This can look to include things like advisor/planner enablement and training.
- Partner with marketing and the field to address what the right campaigns or strategies are around financial planning adoption
- Partners closely with digital product owners and business owners on the definition of offering and client experience
- Responsible for defining and measuring the right metrics to ensure client adoption and asset growth
- Drives change by partnering with business leadership and stakeholders with clear accountability.
- Provide clarity in complex problems, facilitate decision-making, and guide high value investments.
- Lead control approvals by navigating control environment to secure approvals for product launches.
- Lead financial planning projects across their lifecycle: identifying and structuring the problem, analyzing root causes, developing solutions, communicating project results, and obtaining buy-in for change.
- Manage all aspects of client service, including planning, prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Identify opportunities to add value beyond the scope of formal projects.
- Contribute to continuous team improvement and management, e.g., provide leadership in recruiting, coach junior staff, etc.
- Management responsibility for a team or multiple teams (some who may not report directly), including management of people, budget and planning, performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ relevant experience in strategy consulting and / or wealth management industry, wealth management products and services with an expertise in financial planning. This includes banking and investment products.
- Previous project management experience: project planning & execution, client and team member management.
- Previous product management experience: can articulate the value proposition and deliver strategically on product capabilities/experience
- Previous vendor assessment and management experience: vendor assessment, benchmarking, contract negotiation, ongoing relationship management
- Experience with closely working with Sales and Distribution teams to drive adoption of financial planning application and tools
- Experience with working with multiple stakeholders in the organization such as digital, technology, marketing, servicing, governance to help drive both self-directed planning as well as advisor led planning capabilties
- Intellectual and analytical capabilities. Ability to influence the organization and to affect change up to the most senior levels. Efficiently solves complex, ambiguous problems/situations.
- Problem solving skills, sound business judgment, and demonstrated result orientation.
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative capabilities; history of academic and professional excellence and achievement.
- Creativity thinking; thinks outside the box and above and beyond conventional wisdom.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Collaborative work style; effectively interacts with partners across organizational boundaries/hierarchies.
- Displays a leadership presence; commands respect and will earn trust of senior leaders.
- Multi-tasks productively and reliably, while managing conflicting priorities.
- Business builder capable of creating vision and motivating a teams.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a complex business with Profit and Loss (P&L) management experience.
- Good understanding of the different wealth products.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, Master’s degree desired
Job Family Group:Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family:Strategy & Development
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs