TTS Trade Commodity and Energy Trade Sales - AVP
This role is part of the Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) Trade business within Citibank. The Commodity and Energy Trade (CET) team is responsible for the client facing activities of our Trade business across four industry sectors: Energy, Commodity Traders, AgriBusiness and select Metals and Mining clients. The North America team is responsible for the Trade Sales and Client Management activities for clients within these industry sectors, and operates as part of a larger global team covering these same industries. Trade is part of the TTS business within Citibank.
Facilities and products offered include (i) Receivable Finance (accounts receivables finance and portfolio/sales financing); (ii) Trade Services (letters of credit, collections and reimbursement, bills discounting, trade advances); (iii) Working Capital Finance (including supplier finance, dynamic discounting) and (iv) Global Loans including unsecured and structured trade loans as well as commodity trade finance (transactionally secured financing, borrowing base secured revolvers and performance risk structured term loans). Transactions may be bilateral or syndicated.
This role is responsible for origination within the covered industry segments, as well as managing existing facilities which are active in order to ensure maximum utilization and appropriate client service. The role will work closely with Risk, Coverage and colleagues in the TTS business to manage client relationships and maximize the client experience. The role will report to the Global Head of Commodity and Energy Trade.
This role will be responsible for participating in originating a broad and complex set of trade products within commodities and energy industry segments, participant in and lead certain negotiations to Close facilities, and arrange for appropriate digitization, as well as operationalize facilities across the full suite of Trade products. The role will own a client portfolio. This role also requires a knowledge and capacity to operate with a global mindset, offering global business exposure across regions as well as broadly within the bank.
Key responsibilities as part of the North American CET business:
In this capacity the candidate would work very closely with global Trade colleagues as well as the Coverage, Risk and Markets teams in the bank to ensure the client coverage and messaging is consistent on the product programs which the candidate manages. Interface directly with members of the client staff in order to drive utilization on existing programs and offer enhancements as well as uncover new cross-sell opportunities. The candidate would work very closely with Operations well as middle/ back office and Citi's legal team to ensure that facilities are documented properly to ensure proper servicing per bank standards for excellent client service. Team with Operations to solve service issues which prevent client utilization of approved facilities. Support origination and structuring of Trade facilities which result in profitable transactions that meet or exceed relevant metrics. Strong partners with Trade colleagues to ensure consistency of product program implementation for Trade programs. Global projects which support the CTF business and further the creation of stable infrastructure for the business
1. Demonstrated ability to understand industry drivers and how that would affect credit decisions as well as client need
2. Understanding Trade product programs and the operational requirements for each.
3. Client relationship skills, specifically in maintaining consistent communication with clients to uncover and request new business, and manage facility requests through to close and then utilization
4. Team and people skills, particularly ability to work on a global team through several time zones as the clients are global and frequent communication with colleagues globally is required
5. A broad knowledge of credit processes as well as experience framing credit/risk requests in relation to the commodity industry
6. Strong and established execution experience; a very strong work ethic
7. Demonstrated knowledge of the commodity industry including basic trading skills and a knowledge of commodity flows would be a plus
1. Excellent communication and written skills
2. Strong organizational skills (including self organizational skills)
3. Demonstrated ability to adapt existing knowledge and skills to new situations
4. Strong strategic and analytical skills, Excel is a plus
5. Strong client management & deal negotiation skills, including a proven ability to work around service barriers to deliver high-quality service through others
6. Ability to interact at all levels of senior management
7. A demonstrated knowledge of the energy industry, Clean Energy Transition, and Trade products (GARP, letters of credit, trade loans, supplier finance).
8. Language skills are an advantage
1. Exceptional organisation and process management ability
2. Good people leadership skills. Able to motivate/influence, work with others collaboratively.
3. Strong interpretive and proactive problem solving skills.
4. Excellent team working and outstanding interpersonal skills
5. Strong communication skills essential, in particular the ability to make messages relevant by tailoring to level and function of stakeholder and to write in a concise, organised, persuasive manner
6. Individual must be a team player, and have a can-do attitude.
Business Degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Trade Structuring
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs