Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
TTS Spring by Citi, Global Product Lead for Gateway-DirectorApply Now Locations: New York, New York Job Function: Product Management and Development Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20170170
About Citi: Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Position Objective (what is the main function of the job and reporting line):
Spring by Citi is a payments unit launching in Citi’s Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), a business that processes over $4 trillion daily, across the globe. Based on the foundation of the industry's largest proprietary network with banking licenses in over 90 countries and globally integrated technology platforms, TTS continues to lead the way in offering the industry's most comprehensive range of digitally enabled treasury, trade and liquidity management solutions.
Spring by Citi will enable digital commerce for clients by providing streamlined access to locally relevant payment methods. Our goal is simple: help customer-centric institutions build seamless experiences that increase sales conversion while mitigating risk. To that end, Spring by Citi brings together varying objectives of corporate treasury, payments and the business, delivering value to each part of their organization. The solution will be integrated with wider cash management needs, giving clients single window access to a globally consistent proposition.
As the Global Lead for Citi’s Payment Gateway Strategy for Spring by Citi, you’ll drive product strategy, cultivate partner relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring solutions to life. You’ll be responsible for creating frictionless payment experiences for consumers, so merchants can optimize their business operations and growth.
Key Responsibilities (describe the main activities the job-holder will perform):
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading Citi’s product strategy for Citi’s payment gateway, designing product features and launching solution enhancements
- Empathizing with merchant needs and understanding of their solutions consumer payments and ecommerce
- Managing and optimizing commercial relationships with partners
- Understanding interoperability of systems interfacing with payment gateways
- Working with colleagues who are leading Citi’s card acquiring and local payment methods strategy to ensure all consumer payment options are delivered seamlessly through Citi’s gateway
Development Value (what opportunities to develop can the job offer a prospective candidate):
In this new role, you’ll be front and center to developing a world class business, comprised of Citi’s existing client relationships, prospective client base, extensive global network, and new-age consumer payments proposition. You’ll work with a growing team of enthusiastic people who love to collaborate and drive innovation. You’ll experience the power of Citi’s network by gaining global exposure and interacting with on-the-ground expertise across our 90+ country footprint.
You’ll master balancing short-term objectives with long-term strategies by working closely with internal and external stakeholders. You’ll be a part of an institution that works every day to help clients meet the world’s toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities.
Knowledge Experience (what knowledge/experience of the role or the industry does the individual need, e.g. relevant work experience, industry and/or product knowledge):
- At least 10 years work experience in payments industry, with understanding of payment gateway technology, the global payments landscape and the surrounding ecosystems
- Experience as a merchant with consumer payments solutions a core responsibility
- User experiences from both a merchant and consumer perspective
- Experience working with or within banks
- Understanding of payments risk and fraud dynamics and compliance risk management
Skills (what specific technical skills does the individual need and at what level, e.g. specific IT/spreadsheet/analytical/modeling skills)
- Precise articulation of merchant needs with a talent for communicating complex ideas and concepts in a concise manner
- Understanding of emerging payments trends and empathy for consumer experience
- Extreme attention to detail and interest in operating in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment
Competencies (what competency skills sets does the individual need, e.g. organization skills, planning, resilience, motivation, teamwork, verbal communication, etc.)
- Client-centric mindset
- Excellent, confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced presenter
- Creative and curious thinker with a hunger for knowledge
- High energy, passionate and dynamic self-starter
- Strong analytical skills
- Pragmatic and motivated result-oriented approach
Qualifications (what academic/professional qualifications/ registrations does the individual need – if relevant)
- Relevant undergraduate degree; MBA a plus
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.