TTS-Product Manager Global Instant Payments Commercialization-VP
About Citi: Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Position Objective (what is the main function of the job and reporting line):
Global Domestic Payments and Receivables team is leading transformation to standardize approach to managing Domestic Payments and Receivables network. The main objective is to align our global network across 90+ markets to our client's business models which are increasingly regional and/or global. The alignment involves fundamental change across all network management disciplines to consistently and efficiently deliver our domestic network capabilities and improve client experience.
In addition, the Domestic Payments team must ensure that our network remains competitive in the mid and long term. As part of our strategy of being the network of networks, we are making significant investments in building a global Instant Payments solution and value add solutions, such as Citi Payment Outlier Detection, that complements our payment products and provides clients with best in class solutions.
This role will have key focus on the commercialization of Domestic payments, with emphasis on Instant Payments as well as other upcoming payments solutions. The successful candidate will work very closely with product colleagues, sales and customers to ensure that our commercial materials, solution packages, training and communications enable the commercial success of our solution.
As the Global Commercialization Lead for Domestic Payments, you will drive the commercial launch of new markets and capabilities by partnering with Product Managers, Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Implementations, Operations & Service, Technology, and others – to deliver solutions to clients that optimize consumer experience, minimize risk, and drive revenue. You will deliver on strategic initiatives, identify value-creation opportunities and design strategies to grow adoption of Domestic Payment solutions across the globe. You will be an instrumental part of the go-to-market strategy by bringing value-creating solutions to life.
Key Responsibilities (describe the main activities the job-holder will perform):
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Understanding the Payments landscape and payments industry trends
- Articulating the global value proposition and future product strategy to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborating across the firm and with ecosystem players to deliver innovative technologies and game-changing solutions
- Creating interactive and innovative training materials and events for internal and external stakeholders
- Creating impactful client collateral that resonates across key buying centers
- Partner with Marketing and Design Agencies to effectively position and message our Payments value proposition
- Leveraging learnings across product launches to develop best practices that can be leveraged by the regional and country teams and across the firm
Development Value (what opportunities to develop can the job offer a prospective candidate):
In this new role, you’ll be front and center to developing a world class business, comprised of Citi’s existing client relationships, prospective client base, extensive global network, and new-age domestic payments proposition, including Instant Payments. You’ll work with a growing team of enthusiastic people who love to collaborate and drive innovation. You’ll experience the power of Citi’s network by gaining global exposure and interacting with on-the-ground expertise across our 90+ country footprint.
You’ll master balancing short-term objectives with long-term strategies by working closely with internal and external stakeholders. You’ll be a part of an institution that works every day to help clients meet the world’s toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities.
Knowledge Experience (what knowledge/experience of the role or the industry does the individual need, e.g. relevant work experience, industry and/or product knowledge):
- At least 5 years work experience in payments and product management or sales
- Experience in commercializing new products and solutions
- Experience with marketing and design agencies to bring value propositions to life
- Understanding of payments risk and fraud dynamics and compliance risk management
- User experiences from both a corporate and consumer standpoint
Skills (what specific technical skills does the individual need and at what level, e.g. specific IT/spreadsheet/analytical/modeling skills)
- Precise articulation of corporate and consumer needs with a talent for communicating complex ideas and concepts in a concise manner
- Understanding of emerging payments trends and how these can impact corporates and consumers
- Extreme attention to detail and interest in operating in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment
Competencies (what competency skills sets does the individual need, e.g. organization skills, planning, resilience, motivation, teamwork, verbal communication, etc.)
- Client-centric mindset
- Excellent, confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced presenter
- Creative and abile to synthesize complex messages and partner with marketing teams
- High energy, passionate and dynamic self-starter
- Strong analytical skills
- Pragmatic and motivated result-oriented approach
- Motivated, result-oriented approach to business with an appreciation for targets and deadlines
- Strong inter-personal skills, able to advocate a position and win people and teams over
Qualifications (what academic/professional qualifications/ registrations does the individual need – if relevant)
- Relevant Bachelors degree
- Post graduate qualification would be ideal
- (Masters or relevant post graduate qualification)
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Market Segments and Services
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs