TTS Payments & Receivables Critical Business Services Simplification Global Business Lead
Citi’s TTS (Treasury Trade Solutions) Payments and Receivables (P&R) business offers payments and receivables solutions to help clients effectively manage their payments with presence in over 100 plus countries and jurisdictions.
The Critical Business Service Simplification (CBSS) Global Business Lead will drive the Payments Business simplification initiatives and lead a cross functional team executing highly transformational program of work which will drive simplification. This position will be responsible for driving the execution of the Citi’s simplification strategy to ensure the goals and objectives of the program are completed successfully and in a timely manner. Key components of the Business simplification include End-to-End Process mapping, linkages to Product, Risk, Control, Technology and Data taxonomies on an enterprise-wide basis.
The CBSS Global Business Lead is a strategic professional who will play an integral role in shaping and delivering the global business simplification resilience program, as well as representing the program to key senior stakeholders, such as clients, senior management, business executive committees, product and business heads.
This role is part of a growing team, offers an exciting career opportunity at the leading edge of driving culture change, a new way of doing business, and engaging our clients.
- Represent TTS global payments business as a delegate of Payments Critical Business Service Owner
- Owns and lead execution of CBS simplification program across geographies starting with US shortly followed by other material markets
- Driving thoughtful enquiry, problem-solving, constructive challenge and thinking outside the box to drive business simplification initiatives
- Partner closely with Citi’s business simplification program teams to support execution plans to meet deliverables critical to the program
- Execute the planning, directing and coordination of day-to-day activities of running the CBSS program for TTS Payments
- Manage and prioritize projects based on business needs and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and drive continuous improvement
- Ensures all stakeholders are identified and included in scope definition activities and understand the program schedule and key milestones. This includes the ability to effectively work with internal audit, risk and compliance for independent validation. Confirm a common understanding of the artifacts and deliverables need to support related testing and validation activities
- Ensure all areas of the program are appropriately coordinated to meet the program execution goals
- Monitor and track execution of the program and escalate program risks impacting project delivery to the Initiative owner and appropriate stakeholders; ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary
- Drive adherence to program processes, procedures, methods, and standards for program delivery and leverage across the programs
- Lead the business simplification processes which will include identification, prioritizations and execution of the identified opportunities of simplifications.
- Collaborate with Business leads, Program Managers across other initiatives and programs to action deliverables from reviews of each program’s defined scope, target state, and success criteria to ensure it fully addresses the letter and the spirit of the regulatory feedback, broader supervisory expectations and underlying issues and root causes, and is embedded in a broader strategic vision
Lateral thinking, client-focus, collaborative stakeholder engagement, and pragmatic project execution skills are critical. These skills combined with a dedication to learning and a true passion for driving improvement are the key attributes. We value inclusion and diversity and so do you.
For this key role we’ll also be looking for the following key competencies:
• Awareness of Citi and/or other financial services institutions
• Experience in payments or financial transactions are preferred
• Highly motivated and with enthusiasm for financial services industry and desire to master the business.
• Able and willing to be bold and imagine a different future state, and to motivate, inspire and work with others to craft and build it.
• Self-starter and creative problem solver who is willing to think ‘out of the box’, and “step into the shoes of” a CEO, board member or client to understand their needs.
• Strong client and innovation focus, and curiosity to learn about new businesses, clients and financial markets.
• Desire and ability to seek to ‘connect the dots’ and communicate the ‘big picture’.
• Must demonstrate integrity, and the ability to balance analytical thinking with empathy and compassion.
• Strong cultural awareness and valuing of a diverse workforce.
• Strong appreciation of differences in style and/or perspective, utilizing them to inform and enhance decisions or actions.
• Actively collaborates with partners across the bank and industry and achieve actionable results through others.
• Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries, breaking down silos and encouraging the sharing of ideas and lessons learned.
• Executive leadership presence; will earn (and maintain) the trust of senior leaders.
• People-focused attitude, with demonstrated positive relationship management and interpersonal skills with colleagues of all levels, background and across all teams.
• Contribute to continuous team improvement and management, e.g., provide leadership in recruiting, coach junior staff, etc.
• Strong influencing and diplomacy skills, with experience of communicating, negotiating and partnering with more senior colleagues.
- 8 plus years of experience in payments and /or financial services industry
- Demonstrates consistent track record of having worked as a Product, Program or Project Manager, or working on large, strategic cross-functional projects
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding transformation and program management disciplines and a strong business understanding of the products and services offered in Payments
- Track record of managing internal relationships and demonstrated experience in leading sustained change and change management efforts
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively problem solving
- Well-developed listening skills and a strong ability to engage at the senior management level
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing
- Ability of articulate strategic vision, impact and influence others
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Works well under pressure and in tight deadlines
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in driving positive and sustained change.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related responsibilities may be assigned as required
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Product Performance Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs