TTS Global Tax Product Risk Head- Director- New York City or London
The Global Tax Product Risk Head is responsible for developing short- and long-term objectives for TTS’ (Treasury Trade Solutions) compliance with Tax as the business evolves its’ product and service offerings across all product sets (Payments and Receivables, Liquidity Management Services, Trade Working Capital Solutions, Commercial Cards and Digital Channels).
The role is responsible for the oversight of the tax implications in TTS Products, from development through execution across products and should have experience/ knowledge of potential tax implications (e.g. VAT, Corporate Tax, Transactions taxes and reporting regimes such as FATCA and CRS).
The Global Tax Product Risk Head will work with all products and all geographies and is responsible for setting the strategy and overseeing the execution of the TTS-wide tax strategy across the organization globally, including all associated activities to drive results. This is a senior leadership role with high visibility, and direct influence in decision-making relating to tax implications of new product feature/ functionality, working across geographies to ensure strong partnerships with external tax consultants to assist in local geographies and providing insights.
- Set strategy and execution approach for tax governance and compliance globally across all products/ solutions/ geographies.
- Collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders from the Products, Sales, Analytics, Operations, Technology, Finance, and other leadership teams in development of tax implications for product feature/ functionality
- Create and execute a standardized tax governance process leveraging best practices across industries
- Leverage understanding of downstream processes like billing and work with Product, Pricing and Billing teams to design & develop systems that ensure tax compliance
- Overall responsibility for end-to-end tax including the execution through the billing processes
- Assess impact of global/regional regulatory changes related to tax on TTS products/ services
- Identification of risk points within the processes, and development of a governance framework to manage them
- Implementation of appropriate MIS, monitoring capabilities, and MCA tests
- Execution of branch tax due diligence, supporting CRS and FATCA
- Implementation of control processes for documentation for tax
- Understand and assess engagement with tax consultants globally by TTS and manage overall TTS external tax consultancy engagement program
- Quarterly tax reviews with corporate tax and external accounting partners for all branches
- Assess all tax constructs bank-wide (applicable to TTS) with the clear objective to re-engineer, standardize, and modernize TTS tax processes where necessary
- Work effectively with teams across all products and regions to enhance knowledge and understanding of tax issues and help drive compliance
- Participate as part of Solution Initiative Risk Review to assess tax implications of new products/ features/ functionality and partnerships
- Drive “thought leadership” on TTS Product related tax issues and considerations
- Build deep partnerships and ensure seamless coordination with coverage partners across the ICG and partners in the Second Line (Tax, Finance, Risk)
- Ensure alignment across TTS on tax related approach and execution through seamless communication and leadership.
- Institute strong tax management processes across TTS through metrics and data driven decisioning and utilization of appropriate tools
- Act as senior Tax Expert on complex deals or TTS multi-product opportunities through the deal review process.
- Lead Tax planning with partners across TTS.
- Conduct monthly Tax risk analysis
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 12+ years financial industry experience with an emphasis on local and global transaction banking and, specifically knowledge related to tax implications in transaction banking
- Ability to translate vision into executable plans and to anticipate and lead the organizational response to future changes
- Demonstrated track record of creating, leading and executing tax strategies
- Knowledge of Corporate tax and associated impacts in Banking
- Experience collaborating with C-suite leadership in strategic/financial decision-making
- Experience implementing firm-wide change management initiatives
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business
- Exceptional ability to translate between business and technical audiences
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in Corporate tax or Tax Consulting
- Proven track record in business management execution
- Strong communication skills: ability to present information concisely in writing and in person.
- Strong and demonstrated leadership skills managing a diverse global or regional team with the ability to motivate and influence their performance.
- Experience in delivering results and exceeding financial objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate internally to meet client needs.
- Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
- Superior problem-solving skills; pragmatic approach to ensure limited resources are directed appropriately
- Credibility and gravitas to lead, motivate and influence a diverse population across geographies, products and matrix reporting lines
- Bachelor's degree required.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs