Technology Transformation Planning and Controls Director
New York, New York| Tampa, Florida| Irving, TexasJob Req ID 22509124
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
Responsible for overall CAO Technology Transformation team’s strategic planning, financial management, execution governance and risk & controls.
This role is part of the CAO Technology Transformation team, with in the CAO Regulatory and Enterprise Transformation Office. The CAO organization is leading the most critical regulatory & transformation efforts for Citi's CEO, influencing the strategy & direction of Citigroup.
As Technology Transformation Planning and Control Lead, the role will manage CAO TT’s budgets, prepare forecasts, provide cost transparency, and identify methods for improved operational efficiency and productivity to foster a responsible and sustainable controls environment within CAO TT organization.
In-depth knowledge of the industry and peer institutions products/services is highly preferred to contribute to the objectives of the functions. The role requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the larger CAO organization, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/ or area of expertise.
Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of users. The job is likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations to ensure appropriateness of the CO Integrated Technology Plan.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within CAO TT organization and ensure consonance with the larger CAO Transformation Office strategy and goals
- Manage TT’s technology budgets, forecasts, cost transparency, and identifies methods for improved operational efficiency and productivity
- Manage issues and escalation procedures
- Drives CAO TT’s control environment and risk management process through the application of operational risk policies and governance processes
- Drive actions to address risks’ root causes and identifies key risks and necessary controls
- Serves as a point of escalation for key issues or time sensitive decisions
- Break silos and build partnerships across functions and create and sustains a network of trusted relationships
- Partner with TO Business Office
- 15+ years of finance and overall business management experience in a complex, financial organization, with particular focus on Business Management and/or Risk & Controls
- Risk & Control experience in business operations and/or technology programs of a financial organization strongly preferred
- Experience in financial management of large transformational programs and/or business operations
- Proven ability to act independently, work quickly and with careful attention to detail, juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability in leading/managing a team of Program and Project Managers
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, drive consensus, and influence relationships at senior levels.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Job Family Group:Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family:Business Administration
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs