SVP, Credit Risk Officer Framework Manager/COO/CAO
Global Risk Review (GRR) provides independent, objective, reliable, valued and timely assurance to the Boards, the Committees, the Citigroup Chief Risk Officer, senior management and regulators over the effectiveness of credit, capital and collateral risk management and the ability of the Business and independent Risk Management to identify, monitor and mitigate current and emerging risks. Within GRR, the Global Credit Risk Officer Framework function drives best-in-class credit risk officer frameworks, training, policies, assessments, and periodic reevaluation consistent with expectations of the Board, Senior Management, and our regulators.
The SVP, Credit Risk Officer Framework Manager/COO/CAO will report to the Head of the Global Credit Risk Officer Framework Team and the incumbent will be responsible for executing all components of the Global Credit Risk Officer framework. Credit Officers (COs) and Senior Credit Officers (SCOs), (collectively, “Credit Risk Officers”), are the foundation for all credit risk decisions made within Citi and CBNA. The importance of this function requires that the firm have a comprehensive and consistent approach to managing the Credit Risk Officer universe. The incumbent will have extensive interaction with senior management within Banking, Capital Markets, and Advisory (BMCA), Citi Markets, the Citi Commercial Bank (CCB), Personal Banking & Wealth Management (PBWM), Independent Risk Management, Compliance, and Learning & Development (L&D), will develop critical governance skills, and play a key role in enhancing the Global Credit Risk Officer Framework.
The Global Credit Risk Officer Framework is a core building block of sustaining an effective credit culture which supports safety and soundness at Citi and which includes numerous key elements that have been enhanced to create a more proactive, inclusive and transparent management of Citi’s Credit Risk Officer universe as governed by the Credit Risk Officer Policy. The Global Credit Risk Officer Framework governs all aspects of the Credit Officer journey beginning with training and qualifications for COs through governing the requirements and elevation process for achieving the SCO Level 1 Designation, the highest credit approval level at Citi.
- Support Head of Global Credit Risk Officer Framework in development and management of comprehensive project plans for delivery of enhanced Global Credit Risk Officer Framework design, infrastructure and controls
- Responsible for GCROF overall book of work and processes
- Extensive interaction on matters regarding governance, controls, Wholesale Credit Risk (WCR) Standards, and regulator/internal audit requests
- Face off, engage and collaborate with a variety of senior stakeholders from various departments on a routine basis including, but not limited to: Head of GRR, Fundamental Credit Risk (FCR) Region Heads, Internal Audit (IA) Directors, GRR Head of Quality Assurance, Chief Risk Officers
- Lead a team of specialists to develop and manage the Global Credit Risk Officer Framework which will execute on the following core mandates of the Global Credit Risk Officer Framework function:
- Enhance the ongoing CO annual assessment process and overseeing the SCO Performance Evaluation process
- Manage governance, Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) Controls, WCR Standards, and regulatory/internal audit requests
- Deliver the quarterly SCO Forum for all Wholesale and Consumer SCOs across Citi
- Create ongoing processes to measure Global Credit Risk Officer Framework health and success using defined metrics
- Champion and lead socialization efforts of Global Credit Risk Officer Framework components by identifying target groups and stakeholders and liaising with appropriate Business / Risk teams across Citi
- Manage Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for facilitators for Advanced Credit Evaluation (ACE) SCO Program and SCO2 Early Identification Program
- Manage budgetary and finance / vendor management for the Global Credit Risk Officer Framework (ACE and upcoming SCO2 Early Identification Program)
- Provide input for business and strategic planning
- Execute on various ad-hoc projects critical to the GCROF organization as well as researching and drafting materials for presentations for ‘deep dives’ into particular topics
- Engage with stakeholders to collect feedback, build-out requirements and prioritize system enhancements
- Work directly with senior leaders across the GRR Organization on a variety of programs/initiatives
- Demonstrate ability to assess complex issues, structure potential solutions, and drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
- Manage and prioritize projects based on business needs and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and drive continuous improvement
- Develop and implement best-practices that seek efficiency in program execution
- Develop regular reporting and Management Information System (MIS) to facilitate review and engagement around project status, risks and “path to green"
- Appropriately assess risk/reward when making business decisions; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same, demonstrating proper consideration for the firm’s reputation
- Liaise with internal colleagues (Project Management Office (PMO), Accounting, Program Control/Finance, Human Resources (HR), etc.) to communicate information and other relevant data
- Strong credit skills and experience. It is critical that the professional in this role be well versed in the intricacies of credit risk officer governance as well as able to engage with very senior managers
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to articulate complex concepts and translate into "user-friendly" language
- Strong leadership skills attained through experience
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders (Business Heads and Senior Risk Officers)
- Extensive knowledge of Project Management (PM) execution and governance and PM Planning Tools
- Solid relationship management skills to generate productive, and inclusive, team dynamics
- Ability to deliver difficult messages in a professional manner
- Strong Microsoft Power Point skills used to visually convey compelling and easy to understand messages
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of business functions (HR, Finance, etc.)
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Provide “credible challenge” for all aspects of the project management process, including: Red/Amber/Green (RAG) ratings, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), status updates, adherence to dates and deliverables, and quality of deliverables
- Knowledge of fiscal planning, budgeting and reporting
- Extensive project management experience with the proven ability to develop project plans and drive a diverse group of stakeholders to achieve milestones and deadlines.
- Ability to assess departmental vendor needs as well as develop, implement, and evaluate programs and services
- Knowledge of administrative and office management procedures and methods; some knowledge of department structure and operations
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Developed project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to successfully handle competing priorities
- Demonstrated history of seeing the big picture, driving change and managing for results while executing against multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrates consistent track record of having worked as a Program or Project Manager, or working on large regulatory or strategic cross-functional projects in the financial services industry
- Knowledgeable on credit risk management concepts
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced project management and execution skills
- Budget/Vendor Management experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Leadership experience directly managing a data related team
- SCO experience welcomed, but not required
- Proven track record of delivering results and strategic initiatives in a complex environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Recognized success as a change agent
- Up to 10%
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs