Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
SVP, Capital Planning Review - Risk Weighted AssetsApply Now Locations: New York, New York Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20203796
Senior Vice President, Capital Planning Review - Risk Weighted Assets
Global Risk Review (GRR) provides independent, objective, reliable, valued and timely assurance to the Boards, the Committees, the Citigroup Chief Risk Officer, the Citigroup Chief Credit Officer, senior management and regulators over the effectiveness of credit, capital and collateral risk management and the ability of the Business and independent Risk Management to identify, monitor and mitigate current and emerging risks. Within GRR, the Capital Planning Review (CPR) function provides an independent review and challenge of scenarios, overlays, material assumptions, limitations, and weaknesses and results of capital planning.
The Senior Vice President (SVP) of CPR – Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) supports the Director of CPR – Wholesale, RWA, and Small Business. The role is a direct report to the Director of CPR – Wholesale, RWA, and Small Business and is an integral member of the functional team within the CPR function.
The SVP of CPR - RWA is responsible for executing independent review and challenge of one workstreams under the capital planning process for RWA, including CCAR/DFAST. The role involves completing review and challenge, document and reporting results to senior management and communicating with regulators and Internal Audit. The SVP of CPR – RWA is accountable for credible evaluation of methodologies, results, governance and processes related to capital planning; budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the overall approach to capital planning review and challenge. The incumbent will be able to exert strategic influence on the business and interact with other functions or businesses.
The role requires a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements (SR 15-18, Basel), capital planning methodologies, governance and internal control processes, hands-on experience in foundational risk management (credit, market, liquidity or operational risk). Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication with regulators may be necessary. The role may involve or be responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities as necessary.
- Support the Review and Challenge Lead under the RWA capital planning workstream.
- Execute review and challenge sessions with the workstream Executive Sponsor and their teams and document the results.
- Analyze the workstream stress testing and projection methodologies and review the workstream methodologies for conceptual soundness, fitness for purpose, completeness of identification of estimation approaches, completeness of identification of assumptions, limitations and weaknesses (ALWs).
- Analyze the appropriateness of supporting materiality assessment, sensitivity analysis and capital impact analysis of ALWs.
- Summarize the review and challenge results and support Review and Challenge Lead in presenting the results to the Capital Planning Review Group and the Capital Committee.
- Apply subject matter expertise to the individual workstream and holistic capital planning process. Required expertise include combinations of foundational risk management (risk identification, stress testing, market risk, wholesale and retail credit risk, operational risk), balance sheet and capital forecasting.
- Technical skills: hands on experience with regulatory or economic risk-based capital calculation and capital planning in line with regulatory frameworks including Basel III advanced approaches and SR 15-18.
- Other skills: strong verbal and written communication, experience with effective reporting to senior management and communication with regulators and audit.
- Ad hoc projects designated by GRR Management
- Support Voice of the Employee (VOE) initiatives for GRR
- 8+ years of experience
- Highly motivated with attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior leaders
- Demonstrates ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
- Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions and regulators
- Ability to challenge business management and escalate issues when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferred Masters degree or equivalent experience
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.