Standard MCA Profile Program Lead
Citi’s Global Consumer Business Operational Risk and Controls (CBORC) organization drives global consistency for addressing Operational Risk and Control issues in the Global Consumer Bank. CBORC fosters a culture of control and customer centricity and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational, and operational risks. This role will support restructuring, simplifying, and streamlining MCA across GCB through control design, effectiveness, and monitoring strategies to create a robust, comprehensive, and sustainable risk management framework.
The Standard MCA Profile Program Lead will be responsible for identifying operational risks, establishing and maintaining a support infrastructure to monitor controls for the Consumer business. This position will be a critical strategic role to ensure the risk profiles within the Global businesses are fully understood and managed appropriately. As a First Line of Defense function this person will need to build trusted relationships with Business Leaders, Process Owners, Regional and Global CBORC colleagues as well as Second and Third Line partners. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also valuable in order to contribute to the objectives of the business. The position also requires a thorough understanding of strategic direction of the Consumer Bank combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Responsible for supporting the oversight of GCB’s Management Governance Entity and Assessment Unit architecture, and standardization of GCB specific content for Standard MCA Profiles covering GCB Products, Processes, Operations and related functions e.g. marketing, digital etc.
- Lead the development and maintenance of standards and procedures for consistent MCA implementation across GCB.
- Drive the re-engineering of key processes to deliver best in class standardized, streamlined and simplified capabilities across the organization.
- Responsible for leading the identification and management of operational risks, execution, and monitoring of controls.
- Manage the strengthening of the control environment for the business group supported.
- Drive the implementation of Operational Risk Management policy and work with business process owners to ensure consistent implementation within functions.
- Lead the delivery of operational risk assessment results and design strong business metrics that provide line of sight to business control performance.
- Responsible for driving issue mitigation for significant operational breaks, identification of root cause, make recommendations for future prevention; provide governance to ensure remediation and improvements.
- Partner with Global Functions, including Independent ORM, Risk, Compliance, Audit and Legal to identify and mitigate cross business risks.
- Lead the execution of processes that will deliver on the expectations set by Citi’s Regulators.
- Lead the planning, directing and coordination of day-to-day activities of running the Standard MCA Profile (SMP) program.
- Direct the regions on the timely adoption of SMPs and EMPs, proper and complete rationales and serve as the Global GCB SMP subject matter expert.
- Manage the results of the periodic quality control reviews designed to monitor adoption rates, rationales, consistent scoring, quality ARCMs and to reduce unnecessary and repetitive overlapping local ARCMs.
- Possess subject matter expertise by Product, process, and function to focus on a standardized approach across the inventory.
- Responsible for driving consistency in the application of taxonomy, alignment with regulations and policies, and accuracy of risk description.
- Lead initiatives for the automation of MCA processes including simplification/mapping.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- A seasoned risk professional with a longstanding and exceptional career within consumer banking risk management.
- Proven experience with process simplification, reengineering and automation efforts.
- Track record of an above average success rate for the installation of improvement programs and processes.
- Quality management processes, practices, tools and technologies.
- Change management - concepts and strategies.
- Demonstrated consultative skills (consulting firm or corporate environment).
- Project/Program management oversight.
- Finance process management.
- Executive Communication skills.
- Highly influential across all stakeholders in a highly complex matrix organization.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that are supported and accepted by various parties.
- Proactive and Dynamic with a strategic mindset. Able to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work effectively in situations requiring analytical, interpretive and problem solving techniques.
- 10-12 years’ experience in related field.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Related Field.
- Results and delivery focused. Ability to drive multiple programs through to a successful conclusion.
- High level of Commercial Acumen when looking at Technology as a key enabler to the business.
- Execution focused, evidence of delivering against challenging objectives.
- Ability to build trustworthy relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs