Solutions Sales - VP
Description of the Position
This is a VP role to work within the North America Solutions Sales team which is focuses on delivering institutional capital markets solutions to family offices, private equity firms, and UHNW/HNW clients. The team works closely with private bankers and investment counselors to actively cover this segment of Private Bank Clients. The role will combine both the development of product expertise and client facing opportunities.
The solutions provided by the team take several forms, including:
• Trading and Execution Services: Through the Markets Direct Access Program ("MDA"), the Solutions Sales team enables CPB to refer appropriate clients to Markets for coverage by appropriate asset class professionals. Qualifying clients in professional mega wealth and FO clients that can trade directly with the various desks in Markets. The Solutions sales team actively markets this capability and engages in the diagnosis of the needs of family offices including: trading desk coverage, research needs, prime brokerage, etc.
• Financing and Hedging: Originate, facilitate, execute and grow, the CPB Markets structured solutions business for Citi Private Bank’s Mega Wealth and Family Office clients, including sales of strategic equity solutions, commercial real estate financing opportunities and other complex structured lending provided out of Citi Global Markets trading books. The main focus in this area is around non-recourse financing solutions for concentrated stock positions, commercial real estate, commodity exposures, and other illiquid assets.
• Investment Banking ("BCMA") Referrals: Identify private bank clients who have capital raising or strategic advisory needs and partner with our investment banking division to deliver relevant solutions to the client. Examples may include identifying potential SPAC sponsors, clients with M&A advisory needs, clients who own private companies in need of capital, etc.
The successful candidate will be a team player that is able to manage relationships with internal partners at Citi including Private Bankers, ICs, Credit, Risk, AML & KYC, Markets sales and trading, and BCMA.
• Both CPB and Citi as a whole continue to focus on executing against the growth of the mega wealth and Family Office segment and now seeks to add resources to build upon the firm's position as a leading provider of tailored, capital markets solutions to this client set via its One Citi approach to delivery.
Work well within the team to service a key and fast growing segment. In particular, the following will be key:
• Work in close partnership and build on/create a complete understanding of the platform of the existing CPB Capital Markets team
• Work well with and build relationships with Private Bankers, ICs and the Capital Markets team
• Interact directly with clients to diagnose their needs and deliver them the best of the firm
• Establish a close coordination with the various Citi's institutional businesses to source ‘Solutions’ product across all asset classes.
• Forge relationships with key approvers in functional chains from both CPB and Markets. Positive and collaborative relationships with risk, legal and compliance will be essential to executing transactions and relationships that fit with the firm’s risk appetite.
• Create and present presentations to be given both externally and internally. These presentations will highlight our capabilities and case studies.
• Prepare monthly business review reports.
• Work with Risk, credit and legal in CPB and Markets to negotiate and execute credit lines and documentation terms with the client base and their respective legal teams.
• Work with the onboarding teams in CPB and Markets to effectively onboard the new accounts into both platforms.
• Help to build out and execute on Citi’s collective coverage of the growing segment of the mega wealth in the Americas.
• Develop enhanced ability to work multiple regional and product teams across Citi.
• Develop a deep understanding of all products across the full spectrum of capital markets.
• Breadth of role will provide business and personal development opportunities.
• 5-10 years experience in sales or related field
• Experience owning institutional client relationships or covering wealth managers
• Expertise in at least one asset class: equities, commodities, FX, rates, fixed income; desire to be cross asset specialist
• Desire to learn and engage on many different products and services
• Exposure to Family Office and/or Ultra High Net Worth Private clients
• Good interpersonal and communication skills essential
• Strong analytical skills essential
• Ability to develop strong working relationships across functional and geographical lines
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and multitasking
• Good initiative & creativity – ability to present alternatives and construct new ideas
• Ability to work in a changing, project based, team environment
• Strong service-focused attitude, attention to details
• Self- motivated and ability to cooperate with team members
• Strong organizational skills
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Drive and Determination
• Attention to Detail
• Innovation and Creativity
• Analysis and Problem Solving
• Building Relationships
• Manages Risk
Job Family Group:Private Client Product Services
Job Family:Investment Capital Markets
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs