Senior Vice President of Construction NAM East Region Manager
The Senior Vice President of Construction NAM East Region Manager oversees the eastern region. This person would report directly to the NAM Retail Head and is accountable for managing the East Region Program Managers, Design Managers and Outsourced Construction and cost management Personnel. The role is responsible for supporting the NAM Retail head on collaborating with the Citi Consumer business heads and Asset Management to lead strategy and flawless execution of the retail network and delivering world-class real estate solutions within the standards and optimal costs to fully support the NAM Consumer banking business.
In addition, this position is also responsible for ensuring operational, compliance and brand guardrails are adhered to and day-to-day relationship management of the Consumer leadership is maintained. Special focus is placed on process improvement, speed to market as it relates to execution, supporting strategy, overseeing capital and brand execution, partnering with the Asset Management Head, transactions and ensuring CRS is driving as a cohesive team and not individual departments.
The role focuses on supporting the NAM Retail Head for garnering support and commitment from key NAM Consumer Bank stakeholders and retail partners to meet strategic initiatives and goals to lead the development and execution of Retail Distribution strategies across the region. These strategies must adhere to agreed standards and optimal costs that fully support the activities of the Global Consumer Banking Business. Driving cost reduction, speed to market, and managing to timeline and budgets is baseline.
The role is also accountable for all requirements related to the Retail Design & Construction portfolio projects, development of business relationships and execution of client plans driven by standardized requirements. This role manages all phases and aspects related to the design, renovation, and construction of all projects across the North American East Retail portfolio. Concepts and guidelines are managed by the Design team and the Program Director is responsible for executing to these guidelines and adapting per each site. The Construction Program Direction will partner with his or her peer in the West to ensure a consistent voice to the teams, client and partners.
To be successful in this role, the individual should possess proven strong leadership acumen, excellent influencing skills, a deep background in Project Management, construction, execution, code and jurisdictional nuances, value engineering, LL interactions, Operations, and the ability to work effectively across the organization.
- Collaborate with the NAM Retail Head and the Consumer Business to create and lead the development and execution of retail distribution strategies to maximize ecosystem penetration at the city level while reducing portfolio footprint and minimizing P&L impact. Work seamlessly with the sub region head to support all initiatives.
- Lead a team of Program Managers and Support Personnel. Drive the synthesis of complex information and package into concise yet comprehensive presentations to deliver to senior management and Business.
- Optimize the network footprint to drive savings. Persuade and influence others through developed communication and diplomacy skills (colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers).
- Incorporate the Sustainability Strategy and best practices into Retail projects and oversee effective benchmarking programs, including Energy Star and LEED Certifications.
- Partner with business clients to identify and resolve BAU issues, ascertain current and future requirements and execute projects.
- Coordinate with finance, strategy, asset management and other key CRS teams to develop optimized project delivery approaches. Provide critical input into analysis, reporting, budgeting and other project-specific tasks. Gauge input from Asset Management and Global Retail D&C Head.
- Ensure adherence to Citi’s Compliance and Control frameworks, which include the following:
- Standards of conduct for employees
- Process oversight and measurement
- Sufficient approval authority levels
- Appropriate skills and training for personnel
- Testing for compliance controls
- Establish a consistent approach to the (execution) delivery and adhering to the design prototype for each segment, program and project in the NAM region. Ensure timescales, specifications and budgets are adhered to.
- Advise and assist on all aspects of retail design planning.
- Develop regional operational standards, value engineering and process improvements.
- Ensure proper financial closeout of the projects and Capitalization of the investment is done according to the Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Oversee vendor partners to insure adherence to processes.
- Drive P&L visibility of Retail D&C projects; establish and manage the financial budget (expense & capital) based on the Investment Plan.
- Utilize and develop key action-driven metrics linking retail performance to real estate.
- Deliver monthly Retail MOR reports, incorporating key metrics and strategic updates for senior management attention.
- Collaborate with Asset Management to provide input on scope and review of infrastructure projects.
- Develop and maintain the industry’s future direction as it relates to the portfolio’s needs; project where we need to target our strategy (3-5 years from now) and project to constituents and/or stakeholders
JOB SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- BA required, MA strongly preferred.
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in the construction and project management industry during which s/he applied a structured approach (methodology) to project planning, estimating, monitoring and reporting through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through closure.
- Extensive experience managing multi divisional retail programs and project management staff.
- Extensive experience on network distribution strategies including complete understanding of the rapidly changing retail banking industry.
- Demonstrate leadership and adaptability when facing unique challenges encountered on each project.
- High energy and passion for project management and its processes.
- Track record of managing work to achieve milestones on time and within budget in a high-pressure environment
- Analytical, flexible, team-oriented, have good interpersonal and follow up skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Very strong written, spoken and presentation communication skills
- Strong meeting organization and facilitation skills.
- Very strong influencing and partnering skills.
- Team player with ability to handle strong personalities at all levels of the company.
- Technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) and industry standard project management tools
- Financial Services experience preferred but must have basic financial acumen.
Job Family Group:Corporate Services
Job Family:Facilities Operations
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs