Senior Manager, Visualization Data Engineer (Tableau Expert)
The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Regulatory Group resides within Citi Global Public Affairs (GPA), which leads Citi’s commitment to financial inclusion and economic empowerment for underserved individuals, families, and communities across the U.S. Through innovative collaborations with municipalities, community groups, and leading nonprofit organizations, GPA harnesses Citi’s expertise, products, and services to help expand opportunity for all.
The CRA Regulatory Group is currently comprised of five teams, CRA Analysis, CRA Governance & Policy, CRA Verification, CRA Regulatory Reporting, and CRA Modernization & Transformation each of which is committed to maintaining an outstanding and best-in-class community reinvestment program.
This position is designated for the CRA Modernization & Transformation team, and this team is currently focused on strategic initiatives focused on automation, and data transformation efforts. This role is specifically concentrated on Tableau and data visualization efforts. Nevertheless, this role will cover a wide variety of efforts within the CRA Regulatory Group, as and when needed.
The Senior Manager, CRA Visualization Data Engineer will be responsible to:
- Design & develop solutions using Tableau Dashboards (Web and Mobile) with SQL Server/Oracle/Big Data technologies as a backend technology.
- Work directly with end-users or a projects team to translate business requirements into technical specifications to drive report creation.
- Develop report prototypes and review and fine tune report deliverables with stakeholders.
- Capable of assisting with the design of solutions and mentoring other developers within the same team
- Candidate should be willing to work extended hours in order to interact with global partners/teams or as per project demand.
- Ability to create complex reports requiring multiple parameters, summarizing data with crosstabs, using sections and section underlay for groups, and related report functions.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal business constituents including, Cards, Small Business Lending Private Bank, Mortgages, Data Governance and IT to help evolve the organization’s CRA analysis.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of how areas of CRA analysis collectively integrate to contribute to achieving the Bank’s overall CRA performance goals.
- Ensure Business data integrity and entitlements are managed in accordance with Citi Data Management Policy (CDMP).
- Role delivers high quality reporting visualization products utilizing standards for coding, testing, debugging and implementation. Ensures application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint. Demonstrates advanced understanding of supported main system flows.
- Deliver CRA metrics and participate in communication sessions with all stakeholders (i.e. contributing business points of contact & Service Delivery partners).
- Assist with CRA dashboard preparation, Assessment Area Analysis and Performance Context Analyses, result analysis, goals and training.
- Manage and execute on projects to implement new functionality and changes to CRA Scorecard reporting and BI tools – document requirements, including testing, and train end users.
- Ensure that reporting and business intelligence operational reports are working, updated timely, and down time is communicated and minimized.
- Conduct external research to understand regulatory policies and control environments as well as emerging CRA and Community Development risks.
- Evaluate the emerging technical tools and methodologies for the same to ensure incorporation of best-in-class capabilities to support CRA analysis and reporting.
- Must have strong Experience in Tableau Development in Reports, dashboards and documents
- 3+ Years of experience in designing Tableau Business Intelligence Reporting systems
- 3+ years of experience in Tableau schema definition, design, implementation and maintenance
- Advanced features and knowledge on Tableau internals and experience on connecting API with Tableau server
- 3+ years of direct, relevant regulatory experience in both business-focused technology and a business consulting role, preferably in financial services.
- 3+ years of CRA experience; aptitude in displaying and communicating technical/analytical regulatory information to non-technical constituents.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience transforming large institutions from reporting to data visualization, specifically implementing, deploying, and driving usage of Tableau.
- Strong communication and presentation skills of CRA matters across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to create a comprehensive reporting system by connecting SQL server to Tableau and create automated dashboards.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive.
- Tableau Certification is a plus.
- Passion to make data simple.
- Knowledge of Data Visualization and Database tools. CRA Wiz knowledge beneficial, but not necessary.
- Expertise in transforming data into visualizations by understanding business requirements and presenting a complete story by identifying insights buried deep within the data.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business needs and stay up to date with the goals of the organization as they evolve. Also work with other departments to find new ways to improve opportunities
- Requirement gathering & understanding, effort estimation, technical design, project planning and monitoring
- Ability to work as part of team and independently Interpersonal skills to interact with team members and clients
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Communications and External Relations
Job Family:Community Development
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs