Risk Head of Operations
The Risk organization's Chief Operating Officer is looking for a strong Head of Operations to manage all operational aspects of running a global, multi-disciplinary Independent Risk Function that is growing and continuously enhancing its capabilities. This includes executing best-in-class headcount and budget planning processes with robust and timely analytics, establishing the location and real estate strategy of the organization, ensuring robust onboarding and integration of new talent into the Risk Organization, leveraging a disciplined approach to drive and execute critical projects across Risk Management (return to work strategies, Continuity of Business activities) or those that Risk Management is a participant in (Cyber exercises, technology conversions etc). The role is also responsible for partnering with Global Public Affairs to establish and execute the overarching communication strategy and branding for the Risk Organization.
Design and execute best-in class end-to-end headcount planning and analytics process, supporting the headcount / talent strategy of the Risk Organization, underlying Risk Segments and their transformation.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Global Risk Management target state and transformation efforts, each Risk segment’s roles and responsibilities, future / strategic direction and associated headcount strategies
- Work closely with Risk Program Management Office to understand, track and analyze the impact of Consent Order and other regulatory remediation on the headcount strategy of the Risk Organization (e.g. need for surge consulting resourcing, transitioning from consultants to BAU resourcing depending on needs etc.)
- Based on the deep understanding of the forward-looking strategy for each segment and Consent order / remediation / strategic efforts, put together the strategic roadmap for the evolution of the risk organization and its target state for resourcing and location strategy
- Work with Sr. Risk Leadership to ensure that each Risk Segment has clarity on objectives / outcomes as it relates to their headcount strategy (e.g. risk mitigation, control enhancement, process simplification, enhanced delivery of firm to clients etc.) with clear, well-defined talent acquisition milestones to achieve these outcomes
- Work with Sr. Risk Leadership and Human Resources to ensure that each segment’s execution of headcount strategy is on track to address supervisory expectations and future / strategic direction
- In the significant growth environment, develop a best-in-class headcount and analytics process that facilitates timely execution against growth / capability-building strategies and regulatory remediations
- Establish governance and execution tools and mechanisms to ensure timely and effective headcount acquisition and onboarding strategies
- Establish tracking and reporting capabilities that provide senior leadership meaningful insights around the organizational enhancement strategies underway (including talent / capability build, alignment with businesses / other functions etc.)
- Early identification of headcount related issues / bottlenecks that get in the way of executing Senior Management’s organizational strategies
- Identify and escalate constraints (e.g., lack of clarity on outcomes, ineffective hiring plans, resource acquisition / onboarding challenges etc.) in collaboration with the Segment Heads, Program Management Office and Human Resources
- Provide periodic updates to Regulators, CRO, Risk Management Executive Council as well as senior leadership in the firm on status of Risk Management’s Headcount strategy or necessary escalations
- Demonstrate thought leadership in presentations on Risk Management programs to the Citi Board, Management Committee, and other senior leadership forums
Establish the location strategy for the go-forward organizational model of Risk Management, including innovative approaches to post-Covid work arrangements (in line with firm strategy) and assessments of Real Estate impact
- Based on the go-forward strategy of the Risk Organization and the above-mentioned Headcount approaches, create an end-to-end process for establishing the location strategy of the Risk Organization and associated implementation plans
- Partner closely with Sr. Risk Leadership and Businesses & Functions to develop and implement the above strategy
- Continuously ensure that the organization’s location and real estate strategy is forward-looking and aligned with changes in the operating environment (regulatory demands, changes in business models, new areas of focus etc).
- Ensure that the right partnership and engagement model is in place with other functions and businesses to achieve location and real estate strategy outcomes
- Escalate any concerns related to execution of the location strategy to the Chief Risk Officer, Chief Operating Officer, RMEC or partners across the firm, as required/applicable
Ensure robust onboarding and integration of new talent into the Risk Organization. Develop a cross-disciplinary process including Risk Segments and HR / Recruiting partners to execute a streamlined, efficient and effective onboarding of new talent. Review the end-to-end process to remove any bottlenecks prior to recruitment, focus on a Critical Hire List that is dynamically updated to reflect demand and supply, help source candidates on an industrial scale where appropriate, target candidates to multiple opportunities in Risk, ensure an efficient recruiting process with HR / recruiting partners, channel unsuccessful but high quality candidates to other relevant roles, track / measure progress and inform senior management. Ensure the effective onboarding of talent at all levels to integrate them effectively into Risk Management as well as Citi.
Drive the end-to end budgeting process for Risk Management, in partnership with Senior Risk Leadership and Finance.
- Continuously ensure that the organization’s budget captures the impact of headcount, location and technology strategies
- Conduct end-to-end assessments to simply and enhance effectiveness of the process and its underlying components (monthly, mid-year annual process, performance against plan etc.)
- Develop a best-in class, disciplined approaches to managing ongoing projects across the Risk Organization. Examples include but are not limited to Return to Work strategies, Continuity of Business, Cyber Planning etc.
- Partner with Global Public Affairs to establish and execute the overarching communication strategy and branding for the Risk Organization, with focus on deliberate, relatable messaging for relevant audiences through the use of appropriate channels. This includes the management of all Risk-wide Announcements, townhalls, newsletters and production of high-level Risk Management content for various internal and external needs.
- Significant experience in management consulting or financial services with an analytical and/or business management background. Operations Management experience preferred.
- Significant experience in creating and implementing organizational development / transformation initiatives
- Track-record in successfully managing large scale, complex, multi-faceted cross-company initiatives in an analytical manner with clear, value-adding outcomes
- Ability to develop familiarity with a new subject matter (e.g. a problem to be solved, an opportunity to be addressed) in an agile & effective manner and to drive execution plans and results
- Exceptional problem solving and influencing skills, including the ability to manage multiple stakeholders with varying objectives simultaneously
- Ability to synthesize diverse and complex set of data and information and develop practical solutions to complex organizational challenges, innovation / change initiatives
- Ability to drive these proposed solutions to tangible results – proven track-record with effectively moving across the idea generation, planning and execution spectrum and delivering successful outcomes
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills to communicate results of initiatives / efforts at a senior levels (e.g. Board, CRO, Executive Management, etc.)
- Ability to effectively interact with and influence senior leadership (e.g., Risk Management Executive Council members)
- Franchise player with the ability to effectively partner with the risk organization and leverage the capabilities of the risk talent to meet strategic priorities and initiatives
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with an ability to take reasoned decisions under pressure
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred.
Job Family Group:Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family:Strategy & Development
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs