Retail Business Banker- NY, Miami, California & Chicago
The Retail Business Banker (RBB) is responsible for proactively sourcing, acquiring, expanding and retaining customer relationships by maximizing sales opportunities in an assigned territory, under the Retail Business Bank, and ensuring a world-class customer experience for all current and prospective clients. Individuals in this role are Subject Matter Experts (SME) on complex Credit and Treasury Products and support their assigned area branches end to end.
Leadership and Influencing without Authority
• Lead as the subject matter expert across a broad sales territory of 7-10 branches, which comprise of ~ 80 - 100 branch stakeholders and other territory partners (e.g. Wealth Management, Mortgage)
• Partner with cross retail segment territory peers spanning Wealth Management, Consumer and Mortgage and initiate collaboration to optimize relationships to execute sales plan
• Provide leadership, coaching, training and develop small business knowledge and skills to assigned branch territory team, primarily Branch Managers, through execution of joint sales activities, ongoing training, and identifying referral opportunities
• Define, Implement and Execute strategy and small business roadmap for assigned territory aligned with sales plan
Subject Matter Expert
• Manage complex credit requests up to $1MM, uncover client opportunity greater than $1MM and work closely with Sr. RBBs to refer opportunities with monthly client and prospect contacts.
• Banker to under understand complex products and services necessary to uncover client needs and solutions at larger credit amounts
• Source and provide credit solutions for prospects and clients. The RBB develops credit structure and full credit packages including the deal summary memo for total credit exposure greater than $250K. Credit certified in small business banking. Follow up on credit referrals >$250M from Branch Managers and Business Bankers. Work with Branch staff and customer on preparing proper credit structure and credit package.
Execution & Goal Oriented
• Achieve desired revenue, sales production, business scorecard and service scores.
• Develop and execute an integrated and comprehensive sales plan to achieve scorecard results, drive acquisition of new to bank clients and target industry/sectors maximizing the highest potential across designated territory
• Develop a Center of Influence (COI) network by engaging in business networking and community activities. RBB will actively represent Citibank in business communities, generate business leads and close business opportunities. Through extensive involvement, create local community awareness that the bank is critically focused on partnering in the community and providing multi-product banking solutions to the small business community. Maintain frequent interaction with COIs, diverse industry segments, community leaders and senior business contacts, with the goal of developing consistent business referral that will contribute to market share growth.
• Proactively manage portfolio of assigned high value clients. Expand business banking customer relationships by identifying needs and maximizing opportunities. Ensure customer satisfaction and retention. Cross-sell and refer to other business segments. Portfolio Management assignment based on Top 100 largest clients, representing 40% to total RBB Revenue contributions at Citi.
• Deliver client satisfaction and relationship profitability. Be primary point of contact.
• Leverage, coordinate, and organize targeted marketing campaigns, events and new product launches to drive sales activities and fulfill customer needs across territory.
• Foster teamwork and small business knowledge in all assigned branches to ensure a positive customer experience. Be accountable to client service scores
Partnership & Collaboration and Effective Controls
• Partner with Commercial Banking, Mortgage, CitiGold, and PWM to ensure ongoing and appropriate client communication to support maximization and satisfaction of client relationship.
• Provide Product Specialists with qualified referrals. Assist through closing
• Strictly adhere to internal control policies such as the account opening and credit protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
• 2-5 years banking experience, preferably 2-3 years in Business Banking
• Exceptional consulting skills; ability to probe, listen, clarify and present information to advance sales transactions, deepen relationships
• Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to assimilate complex financial and company operating information
• Professional presentation skills
• Strong working knowledge of credit structuring and processing; credit trained preferred
• Highly effective communication and influence skills
• Customer oriented and responsive
• Superior organizational skills
• Excellent business development skills
• This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and Citi policies and procedures.
• Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:Commercial and Business Sales
Job Family:Retail Business/Citi business
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs