Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Relationship Manager-Commercial Banking
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Other Location: United States,Connecticut,Stamford
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Commercial and Business Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19003181
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
On a daily basis, a Relationship Manager will be responsible for the following
- Develops new-to-bank business relationships as well as cross-marketing of services to exiting clients through segment-based sales plans to achieve revenue growth targets and maximize operating capabilities, profitability, and strategic focus in order to effectively penetrate the market and gain market share. The relationship manager will be responsible for overseeing and participating in the following activities:
- Execute integrated sales, relationship, and credit strategies that are in alignment with the regional business plan to achieve desired revenue and service hurdles.
- Responsible for client satisfaction and relationship profitability, while providing commercial customers with single point of contact within Citi.
- Provide product specialists with qualified referrals for cross-sell. Assist in closing deals across all products.
- Use sound judgment in determining potential clients/deals. Structures deals appropriately to balance risk and reward. Recognizes early warning signs and monitors clients to anticipate changes in risk rating. Presents concerns and solutions to mitigate potential future risk.
- Partner with other Citi businesses (ie. Retail Banking, Markets & Banking) to ensure ongoing and appropriate communication to support overall client and franchise objectives.
- Maintain frequent interaction with centers of influence, diverse industry segments, community leaders, regulators, and senior business contacts.
- Through extensive involvement, create local community awareness that the bank is critically focused on partnering in the community and on providing broad, multi-product banking solutions to the middle market companies housed in the marketplace.
- Oversee and ensure safe and sound underwriting/credit practices and overall leadership of a sound lending activity.
- Strictly adhere to internal control policies such as the account opening protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
- Undergraduate business degree, advanced degree is preferred
- Should have a minimum of 5 years banking experience preferably in commercial banking
- Must be team oriented
- Proven leadership ability
- Must have a sharp business development focus
- Must have superior organizational skills
- Must be able to express a sound opinion, able to agreeably disagree
- Prior commercial business development experience within a large financial institution is anticipated
- Knowledge of credit process/credit training a plus