Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Relationship Associate - 13Apply Now Locations: New York, New York, Boston, Massachusetts, Chicago, Illinois Job Function: Commercial and Business Sales Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19141248
The Relationship Associate is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Builds relationships with client network and operational teams, becoming a key contact for internal requests/problem escalation and resolution
- Ensures timely completion of Know Your Client (KYC) and other regulatory requirements, in partnership with product partners and Relationship Managers (RM)s
- Helps clients to access Citi’s global network, locating local coverage and product support across the globe
- Works with RMs and product partners to on-board new clients/new subsidiaries and KYC/initial credit set-ups completed
- Coordinates credit requests and approvals from Citi’s global network
- Engages with product partners and Citi’s global network to identify revenue opportunities and to position certain products with clients
- Ensures periodic support discussions are held with clients and are correctly documented
- Maintains correct client legal and marketing hierarchies
- Partners with Credit Admin team to ensure credit documentation is kept current: FX, derivatives, Loans, LCs and other credit-related documents
- Partners with Credit Admin team to monitor usage of credit lines, and partnering with Independent Risk during client Annual Reviews
- Assists in implementation of cash transactions for Banker
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years relevant experience
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi® Commercial Bank (CCB) is part of Citi, a leading global financial services company, which has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. CCB has operations in over 30 countries with local expertise contributed by in-country commercial bankers. CCB embodies our unique purpose as a global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision.
The Global & National Industries segment provides advisory services and products to Commercial Banking clients. Growth in this segment is based on a prudent and organized approach to client selection and capital allocation to ensure we are developing strong relationships with clients who seek Citi’s unique value proposition based on our global platform and sophisticated product set. This segment is organized by industries, focused on Healthcare, Technology Media and Telecom, Industrial, Consumer Retail, Food and Agriculture, and Energy.
The Global & National Industries Industrials team targets clients with revenues between $1 billion and $3 billion+ in revenue and supports a range of financial solutions: Term and working capital financing, treasury solutions, foreign exchange, derivatives, capital markets, and trade services. The segment focuses on all industrial subsectors including Diversified Industrials, Autos, Paper & Packaging, Chemicals, Transportation & Logistics, Business Services, Defense & Aerospace, and Metals & Mining.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.