Private Banking - North America Strategy, Head
This senior leadership position will report to and directly support the North America Head of Private Banking and will serve as an integral member of the North America Leadership Team. The Head of Strategy will be a primary thought partner to the Region Head and will manage a cadence of operating routines for the business across North America (NAM). High-level responsibilities include strategic planning, financial analysis, communications and business development. The NAM Strategy Head will manage multiple priorities on a day-to-day basis and must be able to respond quickly on time-sensitive deliverables. This individual will possess business knowledge, exceptional relationship management skills, ability to communicate and influence at any level of leadership, and a strong focus on execution.
AREAS OF CONTRIBUTION:
Leadership, shared outcomes, creative thinking, ideation, financial proficiency, client impact, execution, ethical and professional standards, organizational influence
DEVELOP & EXECUTE STRATEGY
- Directly support Region Head in all strategic ideation, planning and execution
- Act as a first line of defense and interface for the Region Head, interpreting incoming requests for viability and relevance
- Report on execution against the strategic goals (immediate and longer term) established for the business
- Align North American objectives with those of the Global Private Bank and Citi Global Wealth
- Represent the Region Head, communicate her strategy and drive progress against commitments
- Maintain direct involvement in key projects and lead primary strategic focus areas as needed
- Participate/facilitate/influence strategic planning and business development activities
- Partner with Region Head and HR on developing the organizational model, including talent decisions
REVIEW FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE
- Review, understand and interpret financial results. Prepare for Monthly Business Reviews and Town Halls
- Partner with Finance on planning, reviews, performance management and scorecard processes
- Create meaningful financial analytics for the Region Head and oversee analytical support teams
- Simplify the sales and marketing strategies for different client sub-segments
- Receive and interpret multiple forms of business management information summaries to judge performance of the above activities, making adjustments to strategic approach as needed
- Develop and maintain execution-based relationships with heads of Investments, Operations, Finance, and Marketing
- Ensure every internal and external partnership contributes to meeting the objectives of the NAM strategy
- Develop simplified and impactful referral arrangements with other Citi businesses (e.g. Commercial bank, Markets, Global Wealth, Cards) to better serve shared clients and maximize opportunity
- Partner with the NAM Marketing team to consistently and clearly relay the vision of the Region Head to the business, utilizing existing but renovated communication resources (e.g. intranet, town hall meetings, etc.)
BUILD THE BRAND
- Develop strategies to expand market penetration across North America, working in close partnership with the NAM Marketing Head
- Simplify the product and service offering
- Ensure consistent understanding and articulation of CPB’s value proposition among the region’s employees, including CPB services and their benefits
- Determine the right sub-strategies to quickly gain market share for each focus market within North America, including hiring, physical presence, partnerships and more
DRIVE CHANGE IN THE INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CLIENT EXPERIENCE
- Promote innovation and drive change in the operations of the business
- Relentlessly identify and pursue process improvement opportunities
- Simplify career pathing and establish role clarity for primary job functions
- Possess a passion for and understanding of digitization, FinTech and trends impacting the UHNW space
- Oversee a team of Analysts and internal partners to deliver upon the needs of the Region Head
- Liaise with senior leaders across the firm and manage competing priorities
- Develop and deliver a communications strategy for the Region Head
- Influence significant outcomes across the firm and build consensus for strategically significant ideas
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- Series 7&63 licenses
- Proven ability to build consensus and lead groups from ideation to execution
- Experience and proven ability to lead working teams and interface with Steering Committees
- Extensive knowledge of investment management and other solutions offered in the UHNW space
- Familiarity with written publications, press releases and SEO
- Demonstrated team leadership and/or complex project-execution experience
- Prior client-facing roles, sales experience a plus. Strong business acumen
- A track record of interfacing with UHNW families and understanding their needs
- Globally minded, experience with multiple cultures/countries/languages
- Budget and financial planning, financial analysis and modeling (revenue, expenses, margin, spread and assets under management)
- Analytical and strategic mindset with ability to simplify complex information quickly
- Excellent understanding of marketing and business development in a private bank or the UHNW segment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate and influence at any level of leadership
- Change agent, problem-solver and forward-thinker
- Collaborative, diplomatic, analytical and organized. Leads by example
- High degree of integrity, ethics and confidentiality
- Client-centric and a fierce advocate for uptiering the client experience
- Excellent decision-making skills, outstanding judgment and an ability to remain calm under pressure
- Outstanding sense of aesthetics and an understanding of product positioning
- Healthy entrepreneurial spirit, promotes engagement and accountability in equal measure
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff and possesses a positive attitude
- Active listener with an ability to elicit and develop ideas with others
- 10+ years experience in people management.
- 15+ years relevant experience in strategy consulting. Previous project management experience: project planning & execution, client and team member management.
- In-depth understanding of the business and financial drivers.
- Ability to lead and direct a team of knowledge professionals. Problem structuring and analytic capabilities; ability to take a complex problem and organize it in discrete pieces for solution. Ability to size and prioritize large-scale initiatives across businesses. Ability to work effectively with senior and middle level managers and with large interdisciplinary teams.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Problem structuring & causal thinking, sound business judgment, and demonstrated result orientation. Outstanding analytical and quantitative capabilities; history of academic and professional excellence and achievement. Creativity thinking; thinks outside the box and challenges conventional wisdom.
- Collaborative work style; effectively interacts with partners across organizational boundaries/hierarchies.
- Displays a leadership presence; commands respect and will earn trust of senior leaders. Multi-tasks productively and reliably, while managing conflicting priorities.
- Business builder capable of creating vision and motivating a geographically dispersed team. Proven track record of successfully managing a complex business with Profit and Loss (P&L) management experience. Good understanding of the different banking products.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family:Strategy & Development
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs