Policy and Procedures Management Lead, Citi Commercial Bank
CCB’s In-Business Risk & Controls (IBRC) organization drives global consistency across Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) for identifying and addressing Risk and Control issues. CCB IBRC fosters a culture of control and customer centricity and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational, conduct and operational risks.
Roles in the business risk and controls space are critical to managing a safe and sound global business. The primary function of IBRC is to anticipate, identify and mitigate non-credit risks, including operational, compliance, reputational, conduct and performance risks, that could impact business objectives, and to minimize control breaks, poor audit/exam results and operational risk events and losses. IBRC staff work with the business to determine appropriate mitigants to key risks, including advising them on how to design appropriate controls through a globally consistent MCA, and in overseeing the implementation of various elements of the business’s overarching Risk Appetite Framework. The IBRC team also helps to instill a robust risk and controls culture throughout the business through a strong issues and audit/exam management discipline.
The Policy and Procedures Management Lead is a new role designed to oversee CCB’s participation throughout the Policy lifecycle from pre-vetting to impact analysis to translation of key controls into MCA. The role will report to CCB’s Global IBRC Head and serve as a bridge between Citi/ICG Policy Owners and Policy Management staff, as needed, and key CCB stakeholders to ensure CCB feedback in the Policy review process, increase general awareness of policies that impact CCB and assist the businesses in identifying and articulating key controls needed to effectively execute key policies.
Key requirements for the role, include:
- Lead policy pre-vetting process on behalf of CCB, soliciting feedback from key stakeholders and SMEs as needed
- Working with key stakeholders across the first and second lines of defense, lead impact analyses of key policies on the CCB business
- Work with IBRC team to oversee the implementation and communication of key policies/components of policies for impacted populations within CCB
- Work with CCB’s Global Head of IBRC to ensure appropriate skills, capabilities and capacity within the front line for effective policy adherence
- Oversee the adherence to key policy provisions within CCB, including the aggregate identification and escalation of policy breaches (when tool is implemented)
- Collaborate with the Corporate Policy Group within ICRM to ensure adherence to Citi’s Policy Governance Policy.
- Assist in rationalization of policy document landscape
- Help identify gaps in Policies, Standards, Procedures and assist in developing front office procedures, where needed, to execute Policy requirements
- Participate in process mapping exercises to ensure that processes meet policy/procedure requirements and key controls are identified and articulated in MCA
- Prioritize areas of focus based on level of investment, inherent risk, complexity of change and other risk factors
- Act as key contributor to and participant in various Transformation workstreams with policy implications; and assist CCB in enhancing its policy management framework to achieve key associated Consent Order milestones.
- Assist Global CCB IBRC Head in driving business accountability for policy adherence
- Liaise with ACRM, ICRM, ORM, and other SMEs on policies, standards and regulatory interpretation and help strike a balance between requirements and client experience and supporting business infrastructure
- Stand up team to assist with implementation of policy responsibilities
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; must be articulate and persuasive with the judgement and authority to provide insightful commentary to senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and lead others (both directly and through influence) to achieve business objectives
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to drive change to business practices by working effectively across a global organization
- Self-starting with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to analyze a process and recommend ways to improve quality, controls, and efficiency
- Must have analytical inquisitiveness and problem solving ability
- Highly intellectual in character requiring exercise of discretion and judgment related to proposed changes to the Business
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience; ability to think strategically and ‘connect the dots’, yet be detail-oriented
- Execution focused, evidence of delivering against challenging objectives
- Background in Policy Development/Management and/or Operational or Compliance Risk Management
- Understanding of the CCB business and operating model a plus
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor degree, Masters preferred
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Business Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs