Operational Risk Manager (ORM) – Audit and Regulatory Interaction - VP
Operational Risk Managements (ORM) mission is to drive comprehensive and consistent practices designed to identify, measure, monitor, report and manage operational risks while promoting the implementation of actions to address root causes, which may lead to unintended operational risk losses. ORM works with Citi's Business and Functions to provide a strong foundation for safe and sustainable progress. As the trusted second set of eyes, ORM provides a unique perspective that helps teams thoughtfully navigate the operational complexities they face every day. With deep and relevant expertise to address today’s vulnerabilities and forward-looking perspective to prepare for what’s next, ORM helps protect the firm and its reputation as we enable progress more effectively. ORM elevates the quality and accuracy of our clients’ and colleagues’ work and processes with deep expertise in identifying and responding to risk, ORM independently and constructively challenge assumptions, providing relevant insights that help teams protect the reputation of the firm.
The ORM Audit & Regulatory Interaction team maintains strong and productive audit and regulatory relationships for ORM with a focus on global internal audits and US Prudential Regulators, such as the FRB, OCC and FDIC. The team proactively manages matters to be responsive to both audit and regulatory interactions. The team may work closely and coordinates with the Risk Regulatory Affairs team, which is part of the broader Risk function as well as the Chief Administrative Office (CAO) that is responsible for Regulatory Interaction at Citi.
The objective of this role is to coordinate both internal audit and regulatory interactions across ORM. The position will require project management and stakeholder engagement to ensure that audit and regulatory matters are thoughtful, comprehensive and culminate in consistent messaging. The ORM Audit & Regulatory Interaction team partners closely with subject matter experts (SME) within ORM, as well as other independent risk segments as well as first line business/functions.
- Provide support for the day-to-day activities of the ORM Audit & Regulatory Interactions team
Key responsibilities for regulatory and audit interaction:
- Supports the coordination of interaction with regulators and internal stakeholder for matters owned by ORM (or where ORM is required to be involved) on regulatory exams, regulatory meetings, regulatory On-Going Supervision (OGS) matters, and any regulatory ad-hoc matters that may arise. This includes but is not limited to:
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings
- Taking concise and thorough meeting minutes for regulatory meetings
- Working with relevant internal stakeholder to address any follow-ups that may arise
- Tracking and monitoring deliverables to ensure updates are timely and accurate.
- Maintaining timely and consistent updates to Citi internal systems, for substantive regulatory interaction.
- Supports the coordination of global ORM internal audit exams (as needed support local country/regional exams), Continuous Audits, Quarterly Business Monitoring, and any other IA matters that arise. This includes but is not limited to:
- Tracking and monitoring of audit deliverable requests to ensure updates are timely and consistent.
- Coordinating and scheduling audit meetings requests, working with relevant internal stakeholder for any follow-ups that may arise and provide meetings summaries to ORM stakeholders as needed.
- Performs quality assurance reviews of deliverables prior to submission to regulators and internal audit to ensure materials are complete and where relevant that the expectations are addressed holistically and consistently.
- Supports proactive review of concerns raised and provides advice to senior management on the best approach for responses, including templates for presentations, materials, and other submissions.
- Supports the coordination of ORM owned audit and regulatory issue/CAP closure submissions to Internal Audit (IA) for validations to ensure responses to regulatory concerns are clear and appropriately address concerns raised.
- Establishes effective working relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across ORM, relevant risk segments, exam management and businesses/functions as needed to ensure an integrated approach to regulatory relations as well as internal audit engagements.
- Supports the use of SharePoint for documentation sharing, and continuous enhancements.
- Maintains tracking tools and presentations for regulatory / audit interaction summaries, and continuous enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree, with 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Regulatory Interaction, Internal Audit as well as issue management.
- Operational Risk management experience (Compliance, and other Risk stripes a plus).
- Project management experience or proven organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to effectively present in text or slide format.
- High proficiency in SharePoint and Microsoft Office products – particularly PowerPoint (presentation decks), Excel (metrics and summaries), and Word (writing and editing regulatory or audit responses).
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and organizational / time management skills, with the ability to multi-task productively.
- Attention to detail and willingness to "roll up sleeves".
- Ability to work under pressure and tireless work ethic as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to network and interact with a broad range of teams and senior management.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs