Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
NAM Retail Head - Citi Realty Services Design & ConstructionApply Now Locations: New York, New York Job Function: Corporate Services Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19101471
The NAM Retail Head will report directly to the Global Head of Retail Design and Construction and will be accountable for managing both East and West Coast Program Directors. He/she will be responsible for collaborating with the Citi Consumer business heads and Asset Management to lead strategy and execution of the retail network in North America (NAM). This role will be responsible for delivering world-class real estate solutions within the standards and optimal costs to fully support the NAM Consumer banking business.
In addition, this position will be responsible for ensuring operational, compliance and brand guardrails are met and day-to-day relationship management of the Consumer leadership is maintained. Special focus will be placed on driving strategy, overseeing capital and brand execution, partnering with the Asset Management Head and ensuring CRS is driving as a cohesive team and not individual departments.
The role will focus on garnering support and commitment from key NAM Consumer Bank stakeholders and retail partners to meet strategic initiatives and goals to lead the development and execution of Retail Distribution strategies across the region. These strategies must adhere to agreed standards and optimal costs that fully support the activities of the Global Consumer Banking Business.
He/she will be accountable for all requirements related to the Retail Design & Construction portfolio projects, development of business relationships and execution of client plans driven by standardized requirements. This role will manage all phases and aspects related to the design, renovation, and construction of all projects across the North American Retail portfolio.
This role will be responsible for building a best in class D&C team as well as the oversight of key external partners and the contractual relationships of said. Continuous improvements around delivering strategy, optimizing physical footprint, reducing capital and expense and improving speed to market are foundational to this role.
To be successful in this role, the individual should possess strong leadership acumen, talent to influence, a deep background in retail strategy and design, construction execution and the ability to work effectively across the organization.
- Collaborate with the Consumer Business to create and lead the development and execution of retail distribution strategies to maximize ecosystem penetration at the city level while reducing portfolio footprint and minimizing P&L impact. Work seamlessly with the region/sub region head to support all initiatives.
- Lead a national team of Program Directors and Support Personnel. Drive the synthesis of complex information and package into concise yet comprehensive presentations to deliver to senior management and Business.
- Lead multiple parties and work streams within CBNA from Branch Operations, Distribution, Marketing, and other groups in the evolution of the Smart branch strategy.
- Optimize the network footprint to drive savings. Persuade and influence others through developed communication and diplomacy skills (colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers).
- Incorporate the Sustainability Strategy and best practices into Retail projects and oversee effective benchmarking programs, including Energy Star and LEED Certifications.
- Partner with business clients to identify and resolve BAU issues, ascertain current and future requirements and execute projects.
- Coordinate with finance, strategy, asset management and other key CRS teams to develop optimized project delivery approaches. Provide critical input into analysis, reporting, budgeting and other project-specific tasks. Gauge input from Asset Management and Global Retail D&C Head.
- Ensure adherence to Citi’s Compliance and Control frameworks, which include the following:
- Standards of conduct for employees
- Process oversight and measurement
- Sufficient approval authority levels
- Appropriate skills and training for personnel
- Testing for compliance controls
- Establish a consistent approach to the delivery and design of projects in the NAM region. Ensure timescales, specifications and budgets are adhered to.
- Advise and assist on all aspects of retail design planning.
- Develop regional operational standards, value engineering and process improvements.
- Ensure proper financial closeout of the projects and Capitalization of the investment is done according to the Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Oversee vendor partners to insure adherence to processes.
- Drive P&L visibility of Retail D&C projects; establish and manage the financial budget (expense & capital) based on the Investment Plan.
- Utilize and develop key action-driven metrics linking retail performance to real estate.
- Deliver monthly Retail MOR reports, incorporating key metrics and strategic updates for senior management attention.
- Collaborate with Asset Management to provide input on scope and review of infrastructure projects.
- Develop and maintain the industry’s future direction as it relates to the portfolio’s needs; project where we need to target our strategy (3-5 years from now) and project to constituents and/or stakeholders
JOB SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- BA required, MA strongly preferred.
- 15 years of experience in Retail construction
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in the construction and project management industry during which s/he applied a structured approach (methodology) to project planning, estimating, monitoring and reporting through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through closure.
- 10 to 15 years’ experience managing multi divisional retail programs.
- 10 years’ experience managing project management staff.
- Extensive experience on network distribution strategies including complete understanding of the rapidly changing retail banking industry.
- Demonstrate leadership and adaptability when facing unique challenges encountered on each project.
- High energy and passion for project management and its processes.
- Track record of managing work to achieve milestones on time and within budget in a high-pressure environment
- Analytical, flexible, team-oriented, have good interpersonal and follow up skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Very strong written, spoken and presentation communication skills
- Strong meeting organization and facilitation skills.
- Very strong influencing and partnering skills.
- Team player with ability to handle strong personalities at all levels of the company.
- Technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) and industry standard project management tools
- Financial Services experience preferred but must have basic financial acumen.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.