NAM Quantitative Risk Management, Full Time Analyst - New York City (North America - 2021)
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi is looking for Full-Time Analysts to join the Quantitative discipline of Risk Management in New York, NY. Citi Risk Management is a strategic business partner and works closely with the global management teams in the Institutional Clients Group (ICG) and the Global Consumer Bank (GCB). As part of the Risk Management function, your work can make an immediate impact. You will gain an understanding of Risk best practices, learn about Citi’s businesses and the Risks it manages.
Additionally, you will gain a broad understanding of how a portfolio of Risk is managed in a global financial institution using various measurement techniques including VaR, stress-testing and scenario analysis. Analysts will also learn about the Risks and rewards from individual financial instruments.
Your time here will look something like this...
The Quantitative Risk Management Analyst Program is a global leadership development program for Masters students, designed to create a pipeline of future Citi Risk Management leaders with experience in multiple Risk disciplines (Central Governance, Treasury Risk Management, Global Market Risk, Model Risk Management and Quantitative Risk & Stress Testing). The Risk Analyst program is unique due to the various business/region/function perspectives it offers.
For all rotations including first placements, Analysts will have an opportunity to gain experience working closely with senior managers to build leadership capabilities. Analysts will have an opportunity to support the Risk Management Charter: taking intelligent risk with shared responsibility, without forsaking individual accountability.
The program consists of two, one year rotations in which Analyst have the opportunity to contribute to multiple Risk disciplines. This is done to maximize Analysts development opportunities, accelerate learning and allow Analysts to quickly contribute to Risk Management priorities.
Upon successful completion of the program, Analysts are considered for placements within Risk Management.
Several key elements of the Quantitative Risk Management Analyst program include:
* Senior Access - Analysts have frequent access to Citi's senior Risk leaders while working with selected managers who guide them to maximize their potential and develop their careers.
* Global Reach - Exposure to global perspectives and businesses. Analysts have opportunities to build relationships within the Risk Management community that can be leveraged throughout their career.
* Leadership - Analysts are encouraged to develop their management skills during their rotations.
* Responsibility - Part of Citi's growth strategy depends on the entrepreneurial spirit of employees. Analysts can apply their leadership skills in a customized curriculum to accelerate learning and professional development.
* Empowerment - Analysts are challenged to become involved in the fast-paced analytical and dynamic financial environment of a world-class corporation.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
All Analyst participate in a comprehensive training program beginning in August in New York City. This training facilitates the ability for Analysts to immediately contribute to their initial rotation. The program begins with a welcome and introduction to Citi where Analysts have the opportunity to interact with Citi’s senior Risk Management leadership team and network with others within Citi Risk Management. That is followed by an intensive program led by internal and external subject matter experts. Topics covered include accounting, modeling, technical skills, and soft skills including presentation skills, communication skills and leadership skills as well as overviews of each of the major Citi businesses and Risk Management disciplines.
We want to hear from you if...
* You are currently pursuing a Masters in Engineering, Science, Technology or Mathematics (Graduating in Winter 2020 or Spring 2021)
* You have 0-2 years of significant, related work experience
* All work authorizations accepted
* You possess a strategic and analytical mindset with a global perspective and excellent judgment
* You are willing to take initiative and offer creative solutions and able to step out of your comfort zone
* You possess resiliency to work in an environment of change and competition and are familiar with process improvement
* You are committed to excellence with a sense of urgency and excitement
* You have proficiency in analytical, coding or data mining tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, R, Python, Hadoop, Spark, MATLAB, Tableau, PowerBI)
* You are technologically proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point
* You have strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* You are able to build and maintain excellent business relationships
Who we think will be a great fit...
You are interested in Risk and you’re determined to succeed in the field. You are able to reinforce the Risk Management Charter, ensure Citi’s safety and soundness, enhance capabilities in focus segment, and continue to make Citi a great place to work. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective and a strong desire for international exposure/assignments and new business challenges. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll be looking for talented people from a variety of universities.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs