Liquidity Reporting Controller - Governance Lead
The individual will work in the Global Liquidity Management (GLM) team within the Citi Treasury Global Function. The team is responsible for establishing the framework for sizing liquidity requirements including internal stress testing framework, developing contingency funding plans in conjunction with other stakeholders within and outside Citi Treasury, providing liquidity oversight to Citi’s global entities, and ensuring that Citi maintains adequate liquidity appropriately positioned to meet the company’s global needs both in normal market conditions as well as during periods of stress.
The Liquidity Reporting Controllers team within GLM leads the firm’s liquidity regulatory reporting oversight and initiatives as well as liquidity issue management. The team will focus primarily on the FR 2052a report and all related aspects including (1) development and maintenance of regulatory interpretations; (2) liquidity regulatory reporting implementation logic; (3) FR 2052a reporting oversight; (4) risk-based transaction testing; (5) liquidity data management including data requirements and issue management; and (6) control frameworks and policies/standards related to liquidity regulatory reporting.
Scope of Role:
The Liquidity Reporting Controllers Governance Lead will be responsible for supporting and strengthening the governance framework within Liquidity Reporting Controllers, which includes (1) development, facilitation and maintenance of liquidity regulatory reporting and issue management governance forums, (2) development and oversight of liquidity regulatory reporting control framework, (3) streamlining and standardization of Liquidity Reporting Controllers processes, (4) maintenance of liquidity regulatory reporting policies and standards in collaboration with second line, (5) oversight of internal and external commitments to ensure a clear line of sight into projects and enhancements, (6) coordination and messaging across second and third lines of defense and (7) Liquidity Reporting Controllers organizational strategy and hiring coordination.
The individual in this role will selectively lead initiatives to streamline and standardize processes by performing detailed deep-dive reviews with stakeholders. Collectively, this will require strong collaboration and engagement with internal partners across Treasury, Finance & Risk Shared Services (FRSS), Liquidity Risk Management (LRM), Operational Risk Management and various Technology functions.
- Key strategic partner to the Head of Liquidity Reporting Controllers and leadership team – helping shape strategic decisions, coordinating feedback from teams, and delivering on goals
- Develop and review presentations and materials for senior management, board, and regulators
- Direct involvement in key business priorities as needed, providing additional support to the Head of Liquidity Reporting Controllers and leadership team on core business focus areas, with an emphasis on governance and organization
- Partner with Head of Liquidity Reporting Controllers on developing appropriate operating models for each team, including talent decisions and appropriate business model
- Build relationships across key partner organizations to help drive strategic agenda and ensure flow of information
- Directly support the Head of Liquidity Reporting Controllers on all key deliverables and engagements, including preparation of materials, talking points and briefing material for senior forums and regulatory engagement
- Ensure the right routines and tracking mechanism are in place to follow through on key decisions and actions emerging from operating routines and discussions
The ideal candidate should possess an eagerness to learn the current liquidity processes and liquidity metrics, be a change-agent to effectively recommend and implement enhancements and help the broader Liquidity Reporting Controllers team to execute towards the target state. To be successful in this role, the individual needs to be a self-starter with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, effectively collaborate across different levels in the organization and across functions and be eager to make an impact. Existing knowledge of basic balance sheet products, off-balance sheet products, liquidity, controls, Citi’s firm-wide system and data architecture and project management are desirable.
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, accounting or related fields; advanced degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of Chief Operating Officer, Treasury, Finance, Risk Management, Project Management disciplines, preferably with some level of prior exposure to: Liquidity Risk Management and Analytics, Banking, Capital Markets and / or Treasury product knowledge
- Strong quantitative and presentation skills, with attention to detail and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Highly organized and structured
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Willingness to take ownership and execute on deliverables.
- Strong but diplomatic communication skills
- Team player with an ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Balance Sheet Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs