Internal Consulting Director
- The role is a key member of Citi’s internal consulting organization (ICO), leading or managing programs, dependent on size, in partnership with Citi’s functional and business unit leadership; to develop Citi’s approaches and methods; to build change capabilities across Citi; and to engage Citi employees at all levels in transformational change.
- The role will work closely with ICO and Citi Productivity Senior Leadership to design and execute on project goals and objectives.
- The role uses methodologies to provide hands-on leadership and support to specific Citi operating model and business process improvement projects and programs. Projects will vary in size, duration, and complexity; will have measurable business value outcomes; and will have senior management to Executive-level sponsorship.
- In addition to participating on operating model, process improvement and process transformation projects and programs, the role serves as a thought and methodology leader relative to process analysis, design, and implementation approaches and methods to be leveraged on projects undertaken by the internal consulting organization. As such, the individual is expected to help lead the building of the internal consulting team’s approach for delivery of operating model, process improvement and process transformation, integrating with the head of internal consulting and other leaders within the group to train team members on the approach and develop and evolve a knowledgebase to support a broad range of projects and teams across Citi.
- The performance of the role will be measured by a combination of individual and team metrics including value return on process improvement and transformation projects and programs, stakeholder feedback, and contribution to thought and team leadership.
- Support and partner with business stakeholders to scope and launch operating model, process improvement and process transformation projects, applying agile principles, by identifying business needs, validating key pain points, and determining the business case for change. Use hypotheses development, data analysis / analytics, and process mapping tools and methods to establish project scope and potential value. Conduct and incorporate research and competitive analysis as required.
- Support and partner with business stakeholders to devise innovative solutions through leveraging an agile methodology to address process pain points and value opportunities. Participate in planning and conducting functional and cross-functional working sessions to develop future state process models that address value opportunities. Support conducting and incorporating leading practice assessments and benchmarking as required.
- Participate in leveraging change management approaches and methods, assess organization capacity and readiness for change. Use the assessment to work with the business leaders to establish a implementation plan for process improvement / process transformation that identifies timing, key projects / initiatives, resources / teams, and change management approach. Partner with process leaders to “sell” the process changes and onboard and influence key stakeholders to support the implementation plan.
- Lead Engagement Managers and Associates through the development of project plans, including backlogs and user stories, establishment of Steering Team(s), and mobilization and launch of project teams to support operating model, process improvement and process transformation project launch. Train project managers / team leaders on agile principles (preferred), process analysis and design approaches, methods, and tools.
- Lead teams in leveraging Six Sigma, Lean, DMAIC, and other common process change methodologies. Leverage a common pool of resources to support ongoing development and delivery of Process Excellence solutions and evolve approaches and tools for broader application across Citi.
- Help create culture change within Citi. Reduce time to market, boost quality, raise employee morale and become a more adaptive organization.
- 10-15 years of experience leading Operating Model, Process improvement and Process Transformation projects for end-to-end processes crossing business areas / siloes within Financial Services, Consulting or Investment Banking. Some experience within Banking and Financial Services or another regulated industry is strongly preferred. Management Consulting experience is required.
- Proven capability to develop / adapt Process improvement and Process Transformation approaches and methods, and to lead and train others on the approaches and methods. Experience with Lean and Six Sigma, DMAIC, or other process change methodologies required.
- Familiarity with digitalization concepts and emerging trends as it relates to Process Improvement and Process Transformation and experience integrating technology priorities and requirements into the development of holistic process models and solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of positively supporting and leading small teams, transitioning work, processes, and employees to higher value business models.
- Ability to lead and manage a cross-functional project team and 1 – 5 direct team members plus 5+ stakeholders on key Process Improvement / Process Transformation approaches. Proven experience in coaching and developing direct reports and team members.
- Required Competencies:
- Agile Delivery (preferred)
- Process Mapping and Analysis (six sigma or comparable)
- Process Design
- Operational KPI Development, Measurement, and Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Business Case Development and Tracking
- Functional and Business Knowledge (some of the below):
- Consumer and Institutional Banking
- Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Strong leadership skills and presence; can lead through influence / without formal authority
- Can work effectively in a team-based collaborative leadership model to build and ramp-up an organization
- Strong ability to identify issues, structure and conduct analyses, organize findings, draw conclusions, identify next steps, and make recommendations with limited guidance
- Thinks business first but quickly grasps and can be conversant in digital technologies and their application to business processes
- Innovative and curious, and readily able to think outside of the box
- Communicates effectively and impactfully to all levels of an organization, from line workers to Board members; proficient to expert use of PowerPoint presentation for story-telling relative to the business case for change, the results of analysis, and the plan forward
- Self-starter who brings high sense of urgency to assignments and goals
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Passionate about improving employee and customer experience
- Has strong project management skills but deploys a flexible approach to meet the needs of a broad group of diverse stakeholders
- Balances analytical and creative abilities
- Detail oriented and effective multi-tasker
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs