In-Business Risk and Controls Leader - Mortgage Servicing - C-15 - Hybrid
The Operational Risk Sr Group Mgr manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- independently asses risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, cyber risk for example.
- Works with colleagues in other areas of Risk Management, Finance, Compliance/Control and the Businesses to assure appropriate management of Operational Risk processes:
- Facilitates accurate and appropriate reporting of operational risks to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Promotes the use of risk indicators.
- Supports corporate initiatives, including those related to Operational Risk and the alignment of capital assessments with risk management objectives.
- Drives the strategic direction of Operational Risk Management for the Consumer group, working with colleagues around the globe to:
- Identifies emerging operational risks in the context of the current economic, regulatory and business environment and assure that measures are being taken to mitigate these risks.
- Analyzes operational risk data (typically losses, metrics or assessment results) to identify areas of excessive risk and to ensure that mitigation efforts are having the desired effect(s).
- Investigates causes for metrics that are deviating from trends and escalate situations that pose excessive risk(s).
- Identifies root causes of major internal losses and ensure actions are taken to reduce the risk of loss from similar causes.
- Upholds the Operational Risk Policy:
- Provides Operational Risk oversight to assure policy and regulatory compliance.
- Facilitates adherence to specific regulatory requirements for the Consumer franchise, including the International Convergence of Capital Measurement and Capital Standards ('Basel II').
- Interfaces with Regulators on Operational Risk matters.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Experienced in Operational Risk. Knowledge of other risk disciplines (market risk, credit risk) a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical ability; asks insightful questions, break analytical challenges into workable components and draws meaningful conclusions. Well versed in breaking down complex matters into core issues and root causes that can be more readily addressed.
- Proficient in developing new ideas to mitigate risk and improve current processes.
- Prioritizes high impact potential problems effectively. Consistently reads different situations accurately and takes appropriate action to gain senior colleague/ client commitment. Articulates clearly how risk technology supports unit's business, as well as the issues due to gaps between the current technology and known business requirements. Ability to measure and assess the impact of stress shocks including fat-tailed risks. Well-versed in reviewing the dimensions of franchise risk.
- Advanced Leadership skills Operates as a leader, with an understanding and appreciation for diverse backgrounds.
- Experience managing teams with broad accountability in a complex environment
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, including technical teams in operational risk (e.g. operational risk assessment, control design and testing, risk and control self-assessment(s), internal operational risk loss events, etc.)
- Exceptional relationship building skills and knowledge of the regulatory requirements impacting operational risk standards and activities
- Seamless ability to collaborate and interact with senior leaders across the organization
- Proven track record of attracting, retaining, and motivating world-class diverse talent and building diverse teams
- Ability to balance strategic priorities with tactical actions that have an impact on business goals and financials
- Excellent communication, intrapersonal and presentation skills required in order to influence and negotiate both internally and externally at a senior leadership level
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred and managerial experience
- Responsible for building and/or leading a team that will identify and manage adequate identification of operational risks and the execution, and monitoring of controls in place to mitigate these risks
- Provide vision, strategy, and leadership for strengthening the control environment for the US Consumer Partnerships team
- Interpret, advise, and implement operational risk management (ORM) requirements and work with business owners to ensure consistent implementation
- Conduct and deliver operational risk assessment results and design strong business metrics that provide line of sight to business control performance
- Lead issue mitigation for significant operational breaks, identification of root cause, make recommendations for future prevention, and provide governance to ensure remediation and improvements
- Integrate and collaborate with global functions, including Independent ORM, risk, compliance, audit, and legal to identify and mitigate cross business risks
- Establish and reinforce lines of responsibility to execute audits, maintain audit readiness, and manage internal reviews
- Engage in on-going risk reviews and drive the execution of the management control assessment (MCA) process
- Compile evidence and materials for quarterly risk assessment (QRA) and annual risk assessment (ARA) execution, approval and necessary reviews
- Execute a process that will deliver on the expectations set by Citi’s regulators
- Full management responsibility for the team, including performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs