ICG Risk & Control - Reputation Risk – Americas - Director
This new role is part of ICG Risk and Control team supporting the Head of ICG Reputation Risk and the change programme across First Line and Second Line functions to improve and enhance Reputation Risk management practices across ICG businesses.
The role will combine excellent judgement and expertise in reputation risk management, along with an understanding of the different ICG businesses across the Americas to play a key role in the management of the Reputation Risk programme for ICG within NAM, LatAm and Mexico.
This role will provide the platform through which information, experiences and learnings from other parts of the ICG network can be integrated into Reputation Risk management and governance within the Americas. The individual will be expected to become a key partner to the ICG businesses and Regional Management in each region and to be fully embedded in the identification, escalation and resolution of ICG Reputation Risk matters in the Region and the governance and management of Reputation Risk for ICG. This will involve providing insight to Regional Management into ICG Reputation Risk activities and practices elsewhere in the world; transparency into what ICG related issues have been decided in other Regional and/or ICG Global Reputation Risk Committees; understanding, and participating in, ICG business and transaction escalation processes to identify issues presenting reputation risk; participating in regional RRC assessment and escalations; consulting on what matters arising in the regions should be referred to the ICG Global Reputation Risk team and ensuring consistent standards and practices are maintained across ICG businesses.
To achieve this, the individual will need to build strong partnership with both the Regional Management team and the ICG businesses; maintain close contact and connectivity with the Global ICG Reputation Risk team; develop a network of contacts in the management teams in the other regions; provide regular reporting and share information on the activities in the Americas to the ICG global team and act as the conduit to ensure transparency and the free flow of information to and from the ICG Global team, the Regional Management and the other Regional Reputation Risk Committees. The individual will also need to maintain a global perspective to ensure the potential extra-territorial impact of activities are appropriately assessed.
This role would suit a collaborative individual who works well as part of a team with excellent judgement, a global outlook, an inquisitive mind, excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills, attention to detail and knowledge of the ICG Businesses.
- Work with relevant regional ICG businesses and Regional leadership to connect and coordinate the global and regional reputation risk activities.
- Facilitate sharing of information between the Americas, the ICG Global Reputation Risk team and the other regional Reputation Risk teams for ICG.
- Work as a partner with the ICG businesses in the Americas to ensure consistency of practices across ICG in the identification, assessment and escalation of ICG Reputation Risk matters.
- Provide regular reports to the ICG Global Reputation Risk team on activities in the Americas.
- Participate as a key participant of the global ICG Reputation Risk programme, coordinating with team members in other regions to share information and experiences and facilitate consistency of process, controls and decision making.
- Support the Head of ICG Reputation Risk in coordinating the various aspects of the Reputation Risk programme to deliver target state structure and governance.
- Work with Control and Internal Audit stakeholders to ensure credible challenge throughout the remediation process and validation of results in line with Citi’s Internal Audit requirements.
- Present on status of the program to senior stakeholders within Citi as well as to Citi’s regulators.
Qualifications & skills:
- Expertise in reputational risk management and familiarity with ICG businesses and the Americas.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; must be able to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders and articulate and persuasive with the judgement and authority to provide insightful commentary to senior ICG leaders.
- Excellent judgement, attention to detail and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to drive change to business practices by working effectively across a global and regional organisation.
- Self-starting with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Project management and change capabilities are essential.
- Ability to analyse a process and recommend ways to improve quality, controls, and efficiency.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs