ICG Business Development - Strategy Lead - MD
The ICG Business Development team is responsible for the ICG growth strategy. Key to these efforts is identifying new sources of growth and the actions and resources required. For strategically relevant cross-business efforts, the team is responsible for executing partnerships, JVs, investments and/or new product development.
The Strategy Lead is a new role and represents a unique opportunity for a motivated leader to shape the future of the ICG. The leader will ensure that ICG is positioned for long-term growth and profitability by identifying, developing, and executing pragmatic and actionable strategies. The candidate will need to build strong working relationships with the ICG CEO, Business Heads and the Citi Head of Group Strategy, and become a trusted partner and advisor in evaluating execution alternatives.
The successful candidate for this high impact role requires expertise in strategy formulation and communication, people management, as well as having astute financial acumen and an exceptional understanding of wholesale banking and digital commerce. The leader will recruit, mentor and train a small high performing team. The goal is for the ICG Business Development team to become a “talent incubator” for Citi - providing a birds eye view of Citi, and create a launch pad for a long term career across Citi. The role will report to the ICG Head of Business Development and will also matrix to the Citi Group Head of Strategy. This role will partner with the ICG leadership team to drive a culture of collaboration and engagement, while enhancing the broader employee experience.
- Lead ICG strategy development and opportunity identification
- Proactively monitor external market and competitive trends. Build and nurture relationships with key constituencies - consultants, bankers, thought leaders.
- Structure, manage, and lead teams through the strategy cycle - assembling the fact base, executing rigorous analysis, and developing actionable recommendations
- Iterate our longer term vision: what will the world look like and what does Citi ICG want to be and stand for?
- Partner with key business unit heads and functional leaders to ensure buy-in and alignment
- Proactively identity and surface strategic issues and opportunities
- Support business unit requests for strategic assistance/resources for regional or local businesses challenges
- Ensure the team is adding tangible value and measurable P&L impact and thus is not viewed as ”overhead”
- Partner with Finance to ensure key investments are evaluated rigorously, align with strategy, and performance is tracked against expectations
- Partner closely with Citi Corporate Strategy function to ensure ICG strategy is aligned with and informed by Corporate
- Identify and partner with key Citi Global Consumer Bank leaders to ensure ICG strategy recognizes and captures the full potential of Citi
- Assist and/or lead initiatives and special projects critical to the direction of business on behalf of the ICG CEO
- Lead storyline and develop materials for key internal and external audiences: CEO, Board, Investor Communication
- Identify inorganic growth opportunities: M&A, JV, partnerships, and work with colleagues in the Business Development team to execute
- Maintain a strong controls environment
- Recruit, lead and manage a small, high performing team
- Ensure team gains visibility and mentorship to build a long term career at Citi, with the strategy role as a springboard
Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 15+ years of management experience in financial services or consulting with background in wholesale banking
- Proven track record of execution and results
- Self-motivated, highly adaptive and able to work well in a demanding environment
- Pragmatic problem solver, forward thinker with independence of thought
- Conducts rigorous analysis and is able to synthesize complex and multiple source data into fact based and nuanced solutions
- Strategic and project management capabilities coupled with strong analytic and financial acumen
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to ensure alignment and buy-in across the organization
- Track record of followership with demonstrated experience gaining consensus and alignment in a highly matrixed environment
- Willing to break down functional silos to optimize business results and to facilitate the overall growth of the franchise
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and written/verbal communications skills
- Outstanding people leadership skills, able to envision an enhanced future state and motivate and inspire others to create it
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries
- BA/BS required, advanced degree preferred
- Travel approximately 15-25%
Job Family Group:Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family:Strategy & Development
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs