Head of Transformation Execution
New York, New YorkJob Req ID 23630204
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
Citi’s Global Personal Banking & Wealth Management (PBWM) Chief Administrative Office (CAO) drives consistency for addressing Operational Risk and Control issues within PBWM. CAO fosters a culture of control, client centricity and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational and operational risks.
The Global Head of Transformation Execution will report into the Head of PBWM CAO and is a key leader within the PBWM and Enterprise Transformation team. This role is responsible for overseeing the end-to-end Transformation Execution, including workstreams related to Risk and Controls Management, ACT, Data, Finance, and Compliance and all Project Management responsibilities. There are regional and functional execution leads supporting these teams with a matrix reporting structure. This role is responsible for ensuring effective oversight of large, global PBWM programs addressing the Citi firm-wide Transformation to build a better bank. This position is accountable for consistent and timely execution of Transformation initiatives, including identifying and managing interdependencies between programs and providing transparency to senior Citi stakeholders.
A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also valuable in order to contribute to the objectives of the business. The position requires a thorough understanding of strategic direction of the Personal Banking and Wealth Management combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. These critical leadership roles report directly to the Head of Transformation Execution include:
- The Global Head of Transformation - ACT is responsible for setting PBWM direction and execution priorities for the transformation workstreams focused on sustainable Workforce Planning and Risk & Control Skills Remediation.
- The Global Head of Transformation – Data, Finance andProcess Simplification is responsible for setting strategic direction and execution priorities for the transformation workstreams and leading the implementation of sustainable solutions for the Data, Process Simplification and Capital and Liquidity workstreams for the PBWM Transformation.
- The Global Head of Transformation -Risk & Control is responsible for setting strategic direction and execution priorities for the transformation work streams and leading the implementation of sustainable solutions for the Risk and Controls work streams for the PBWM Transformation.
- The Global Head of Transformation – Compliance is responsible for leading the implementation of sustainable solutions for Compliance work streams for PBWM transformation.
- Program Management Team – is responsible for end-to-end management of PBWM Consent Order and transformation deliverables.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Business & Function Risk/ Control Leads, Program Leads, and Citi’s CAO Transformation team
- Define scope, target state, and success criteria for transformation programs
- Manage comprehensive analyses of Transformation work teams expectations, peer practices, underlying issues and their root causes, and review and challenge the comprehensiveness and quality of the conclusions from the analyses
- Provide review and challenge of each program’s defined scope, target state, and success criteria to ensure it fully addresses supervisory expectations and underlying issues and root causes, and is embedded in a broader strategic vision
- Look across programs and initiatives to identify related and interdependent elements and provide recommendations, where needed, for combining or connecting programs and initiatives to achieve greater effectiveness and efficiency
- Define program structure and accountability
- Provide review and challenge of transformation plans for each program, including definition and timing of workstreams, deliverables and other milestones against commitments, dependencies and staffing
- Continuously support that programs have clearly identified the required roles and responsibilities and have appropriately identified, and are engaging, all relevant Citi stakeholders with appropriate accountability
- Escalate any concerns related to program structure and/or insufficient accountability, as needed
- Identify critical interdependencies among programs
- Identify and address related scope across programs, other initiatives, and existing frameworks
- Identify, size, and address, where necessary, critical delivery interdependencies within, and across, significant programs
- Track milestone dependencies across programs and escalate and address milestone delays, as needed
- Escalate interdependencies that may put programs at risk, as needed
- Oversee and accelerate execution
- Identify and address program resource constraints (e.g., program management, SMEs, technology) in collaboration with Program Leads and provide staffing support for major initiatives to augment embedded staff, as needed
- Escalate significant transformation issues in a timely manner and take direct control of challenged programs by engaging the senior leaders of these areas and deploying central acceleration teams to accelerate execution, if and as needed
- Oversee closure and change management
- Perform end-to-end review and challenge of program deliverables to confirm quality and adequacy of deliverables against program target state
- Coordinate with Internal Audit on internal closure process for programs , as needed
- Oversee capability-building and implementation of best practice change management to adopt and sustain business process changes
- Escalate concerns related to program closure and/or sustainability, as needed
Qualifications & Leadership Characteristics:
- 15+ years of broad experience in transformation roles including a successful track record of managing large complex enterprise-wide transformation programs
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding transformation and program management disciplines and a broad and deep business understanding of the products and services Citi PBWM offers
- Track record of managing internal relationships and demonstrated experience in leading sustained change and change management efforts
- Well-developed listening skills and a strong ability to engage at the senior management level
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in driving positive and sustained change
- Ability to create and articulate sense of purpose and common vision for PBWM
- Continuous improvement mind-set – assess impact of actions and adjust as needed; simplify and standardize at every opportunity
- Understand how your work contributes to other work across Citi / understand downstream impacts of decisions made
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance and strengthen infrastructure and controls in a way that: drives value, enables the build of better product and services and balances risks and returns/growth
- Partner across the business in a way that demonstrates collective obligation on managing risk through appropriate controls
- Process re-engineering and improvement mind-set with ability to identify and solve for root cause rather than symptoms; address problem solving and opportunities in a holistic way/break down organization silos
- Continuously seek out opportunities to improve processes and execution, learn from mistakes
- Empower the organization and employees to execute without oversight
- Seek out diverse perspectives and skill sets recognizing that the power of Citi is the sum of its parts
- Constructively challenge others at all levels and across boundaries to deliver better results; invite challenge
- Fully commit to decisions once made
- Be comfortable communicating reality – both positive and negative honestly, openly and directly
- Work across teams and boundaries, regardless of titles and roles, to deliver the full value of Citi to clients
Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Primary Location:New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:$250,000.00 - $500,000.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs