GSP - Vice President (SPRINT / Citi Impact Fund)
We are seeking a highly motivated, inspirational self-starter to join the Citi Impact Fund investment team and be an integral member of the SPRINT (“Spread Products Investment Technologies”) group within Global Spread Products (GSP). Citi Impact Fund is an initiative established in early 2020 dedicated to investing in double bottom line companies that have a positive impact on society. Based in New York, the candidate will be working on all aspects of sourcing, strategy, diligence, portfolio management and partnership activities with the impact investing and start-up community. In addition, this person will partner with subject matter experts in GSP and across the bank to drive connectivity among all innovation hubs within the firm.
The Citi Impact Fund team works in partnership with GSP, Citi Ventures and Global Public Affairs and leverages each organization’s business capabilities to accelerate our portfolio companies’ growth by providing financing, marketing and other business solutions that enhance the value of Citi’s investment. The Citi Impact Fund currently invests in U.S.-based companies that are applying innovative solutions to address four societal challenges, with a particular focus on supporting businesses founded or led by women and minority entrepreneurs:
Sustainability: solutions for energy, water, carbon impact, sustainable production, circular economies Financial Capability: solutions for increasing financial inclusion Physical & Social Infrastructure: solutions to improve access to housing, transportation and healthcare Workforce Development: solutions for upskilling, connecting workers to jobs and supporting woman in the workforce and in leadership
The position requires a highly credible leader with experience of venture investing, excellent understanding of how to develop new programs and strong ability to successfully navigate a highly matrixed organization. The individual must have the experience, energy, and broad business acumen to help scale the new initiative at Citi. The candidate must also possess the interpersonal skills to effectively influence and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including executives in the local, regional and corporate offices to define and execute an effective program. Most importantly, the candidate must be relentlessly curious, as well as passionate about championing change within the Citi Impact Fund, Global Spread Products and the overall Markets business.
- Source and conduct due diligence on prospective technology-start ups that are driving social change and aligned with Citi’s values
- Create investment memos and financial models and oversee the internal approval process among the various control functions
- Work as a key member of a fast-growing team managing a diverse portfolio of disruptive and impactful innovation initiatives
- Articulate how Citi’s approach to venture investing initiatives and how these apply to the strategic business priorities
- Drive connectivity among Citi Impact Fund, GSP, Citi Ventures and other internal key stakeholders; maintain close relationships, build trust with business partners to understand business needs and dynamics
- Work with internal stakeholders to engage clients to understand their business challenges and technology needs in an effort to support new revenue growth
- Engage and maintain close relationship with the start-up and venture capital communities
- Develop subject matter expertise on disruptive enabling technologies related to the Citi Impact Fund focus areas and develop landscapes to create detailed, fact-based analyses and recommendations
- Help post-investment management; work with existing portfolio companies to ensure their roadmaps are aligned to address Citi's challenges and to help them succeed in the market
- Prepare quarterly portfolio reviews and track company results and report internally
- 3+ years of experience in venture investing (at a venture capital or growth equity firm or in corporate venture investing), with good understanding of the financial services industry
- Specific subject matter expertise in one or more related business functions of the Citi Impact Fund required; specific experience or interest in impact investing strongly preferred
- Product development, innovation and project management experience
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with senior leaders across various functional areas within Citi
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive recommendations to achieve buy-in at the executive level in a highly-matrixed, large corporate environment
- Excellent relationship development skill-set and ability to build personal credibility among leaders and employees across Citi, its clients and suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to deeply understand client and user needs, extract insights and integrate into the design of business solutions
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, highly detail oriented and organized Self-motivated with a passion to build a best-in-class program
- Intellectually curious, inquisitive and open minded Ability to work in an undefined environment with limited guidance
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work in a fast-paced environment
Job Family Group:Institutional Trading
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs