Governance Capital Planning Analyst
The Capital Planning organization within Citi Finance Treasury is responsible for all aspects of capital analysis, forecasting, and planning for Citi, including providing programmatic leadership for the firm’s capital ratios; Risk Weighted Assets (RWA); CCAR; and Recovery & Resolution Planning. The organization spans the full capital planning continuum, with the Head of Capital Planning reporting to the Citi Treasurer.
The Capital Planning Governance team is responsible for developing and enhancing governance processes to improve efficiency, transparency and control, as well as, ensure alignment with Citi standards and compliance with key regulatory requirements. Three teams within Capital Planning Governance are expanding at the moment, including:
Basel Governance: Responsible for strengthening overall governance and controls related to Basel / Spot RWA. The strategic objectives and priorities of the Basel Governance team include: driving accountability and transparency of key Basel / Spot RWA processes and remediation efforts; enabling proactive management and escalation of issues; establishing predictive controls; executing on Basel governance structure; preparedness for reviews including regulatory exams and executing on key regulatory deliverables, partnering with key stakeholders including Internal Audit, Compliance, Risk and other control functions. CCAR / Stress Testing Governance: Responsible for overseeing the annual and quarterly stress testing process including generating and presenting on metrics during each cycle to support transparent communication with Sr. Management and final quality control checks for each cycle MCA Oversight: Responsible for the execution and support of the MCA (Manager’s Control Assessment) program across Capital Planning in compliance with GRC and MCA Procedures. Responsibilities include the development and maintenance of control testing to validate the effectiveness of key controls and identify material control weaknesses that require remediation, assessing the impact of current issues against controls and supporting the annual risk assessment. This role will also interface with Internal Audit, Operational Risk Management and Compliance regarding MCA related audit requests and challenge reviews.
- Support the process for tracking and monitoring of the execution of remediation efforts for assigned RWA risk stripe, and escalate as necessary.
- Assist in the coordination of (a) reviews for assigned RWA risk stripe including those by Internal Audit, CPRG, COBRA & ICRM; (b) content for regulatory deliverables specific to assigned RWA risk stripe and; (c) Issue/CAP development.
- Support process for compilation of end-to-end RWA risk stripe specific documentation owned by Capital Planning, including ensuring consistency of content and monitoring of adherence to established procedures for assigned RWA risk stripe.
- Support governance coverage of Basel Interpretive Office and Regulatory Capital Planning (BIO / RCP), including support for initiatives such as implementation of Basel IV.
- Assist with the execution of processes such as regulatory notification of RWA changes, including working with key stakeholders to ensure consistency of submissions.
- Support the tracking and monitoring of remediation efforts related to BIO/RCP including Consent Order related deliverables.
- Assist with the compilation of documentation for processes owned within BIO/RCP.
- Support the process for Consent Order compensating measures per applicable set of Basel issues.
- Work with workstream project teams to plan, coordinate and monitor program status (issues/risk tracking/escalation, scorecard/metrics)
- Support transition to quarterly stress testing process and implementation of other enhancements developed as part of the Consent Order response
- Prepare executive/management level reporting for the CCAR Steering Group chaired by the CFO
- Utilize standard program processes, templates, and tools for program delivery
- Support the MCA quarterly risk assessment (QRA) and annual risk assessment (ARA) processes across Capital Planning and the completion of all associated deliverables and requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of MCA ARCMs in accordance with ORM standards as defined in the GRC and MCA Procedures.
- Support review and identification of key operational risks and significant unmitigated operational risk exposures in MCA for remediation.
- Provide support in the identification and enhancement of key controls and ensure monitoring tools are appropriate and effective to identify control deficiencies.
- Support control testing to ensure MCA effectiveness and completeness and back-testing of regulatory and IA issues.
- Work with ORM (Operational Risk Management) to address MCA related challenge reviews and concerns raised.
- Provide support during audit engagements of Capital Planning as needed.
- Develop oversight capacity for CCAR MCAs across workstreams and enhance EMPs (Enterprise MCA Profiles) for CCAR, Recovery and Resolution Planning, and Basel Governance.
- Reporting of results, issues and trends for management follow up - summarize and present analysis in concise, though-provoking and action driven manner.
- Data Input and management of GRC MCA information.
- Partner with ICRM and other RIM stakeholders to address key regulatory mapping requirements.
- Prepare QRA, ARA materials and present results of analysis.
- Work with ICRM to map new ARCMs to rules/ regulations.
- Assist with the preparation of BRCC related materials.
Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field, MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry or consulting
- Strong written communication skills and capability with board-level presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to breakdown challenges/problems into components and lay out decision points for resolution
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple assignments and projects.
- The ability to work collaboratively both within and outside of Capital Planning
- Familiarity with financial services regulatory environment is a strong plus
- CCAR background is a plus
- MCA experience required.
- Demonstrable experience in driving results.
- Experience in process and control reengineering preferred.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office – particularly PowerPoint (presentation decks), Word (business writing) and , Excel (metrics and data analysis)
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while multitasking and meeting strict deadlines.
- Very strong project management skills; able to quickly structure an approach to address new problems; proven ability to make decisions and drive execution
- Ability to learn quickly and take initiative in self-development.
- Robust problem solving and analytical skills, with diligence and superior attention to detail
- Strong influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills required
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Fin Solutions Dsgn & Implement
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs